Finally driving again

Options
twinsforever
twinsforever Member Posts: 19
edited November 2010 in Day to day
  • Hello to all the wonderful women in this special club! I am so pleased to be driving again as now I can reclaim some of my independance.It has been 6 weeks since yesterday! Hehehehehe

Comments

• twinsforever
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Chrissy,

Oh how true. I didnt realise how so many muscles are used to do the most mundane tasks, at first it was depressing then I thought to myself with each day and as tissues repair I would gradually be able to  do everything I did before the Mastectomy. In can happily say that I am doing really everything as before just don;t want to lift very heavy objects. The car and driving was the big one that added the biggest smile to my face.

I'm so pleased you are now fully mobile and another beautiful lady on the road again. I am going to my place of work next wednesday for a meeting???? as potentialy the boss may want to change my role....................thats all I'll say about that at the moment, I think she thinks I am going to leave this planet some day soon silly women. Anyway Chrissy take care and chat again soon.

Cheers

JenniferXXXXXXXX

• Christine Denniss
    Christine Denniss Member Posts: 216
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Jennifer,

Just thought I would let you know my next goal on my way to recovery is....hanging the washing on the line. Not that I love washing but its a goal to get my arm up higher than just above my head. I have no goal of lifting heavy objects carrying a bag of groceries would be good. My physio told me i shouldn't be lifting anything heavier than a can of baked beans...I told him my handbag is heavier than that. Still, I dont want to cause any damage and undo all the good work so far.

I popped back into my place of work last week to have a cuppa with them all. They were all amazed how well I looked and how all the lines have gone from my face. Until they mentioned that, I hadnt realised that had happened. So Bonus!!!!!  I do feel really well. I have surgery next week to put in a portacath for chemo. It will start 7 days after the port is in place and almost healed. So just before Christmas...what a present.

Do you have a "Look Good Feel Good" workshop anywhere near where you live? I am booked in for Monday and very excited about all the knowledge, freebies and advice they teach you. I dont really want a wig but they tell me I'm entitled to a free one, so I might just choose one for special occasions. Best to do it before you loose your hair so they can match the colour...that's if you want the same colour!!! My Hubby is bald and said he could wear it if I didnt want it...have to get a pic of that for my scrapbook.

Well dear, take care, chat again soon.

Chrissy D xo

• twinsforever
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey there Chrissy,

It's been a while since we last chatted so apologies for that. I hope you are feeling well and still carrying your wonderful outlook on life. I have recently completed 6 weeks radiotherapy and have had two weeks off which has been wonderful. I am seeing the oncologist on Friday but do not think I will be having Chemo, probably just Tomoxafin ye ha. Hence I have not attended a "Look Good Feel Good" workshop however that may change who knows. Next week will be my first week back at work in my old role of Treatment Co-ordinator as after my op and during radiotherapy I was doing admin work as leaving work early every day to travel to Westmead which incidently is a wonderful Hospital with beautiful staff..I was blessed to meet and know them. Work will be interesting hope the outcome is accepted well by my fill in member. Did you enjoy the workshop you attanded and how were the freebies.

Today I had luch with a work colleague and then shopped for baby clothes as my son and his wife are expecting their first child and my first grandchild. I am so excited and there are so many adorable little things out there for bubs. My mum used to say " we love our own children but when you have a grandchild the love is so much bigger" I really love my children so im excited at the coming arrival end of July . Anyway Chrissy take care and hope ur feeling Ok after the Chemo.

Take care JenniferXX

• Christine Denniss
    edited March 2015
    Options

Long time no chat.  You have been a busy girl. Congrats on finishing radiation therapy. I have chemo no 5 friday this week and only one more to go after that. I so cant wait till i'm finished. I then have a year of Herceptin every three weeks and tamoxifen tablets for five years.

I also have no 3 grand child due on 1 st May. Apparently a boy, which is amazing as we only seem to have girls in our family. So everyone is excited. She is having a baby shower this weekend but i cant go as she lives in Rockhampton and I live in Bundy and Wont feel like socializing after chemo. But I will get lots of picture for sure.

In regard to the Look Good Feel Better workshops - i dont think you need to be having chemo to be able to attend. Just breast cancer and you in!!!

Well stay looking pretty and I'll catch up with you real soon.

Chrissy :) xoxox

• Christine Denniss
    edited March 2015
    Options

Long time no chat.  You have been a busy girl. Congrats on finishing radiation therapy. I have chemo no 5 friday this week and only one more to go after that. I so cant wait till i'm finished. I then have a year of Herceptin every three weeks and tamoxifen tablets for five years.

I also have no 3 grand child due on 1 st May. Apparently a boy, which is amazing as we only seem to have girls in our family. So everyone is excited. She is having a baby shower this weekend but i cant go as she lives in Rockhampton and I live in Bundy and Wont feel like socializing after chemo. But I will get lots of picture for sure.

In regard to the Look Good Feel Better workshops - i dont think you need to be having chemo to be able to attend. Just breast cancer and you in!!!

Well stay looking pretty and I'll catch up with you real soon.

Chrissy :) xoxox

• twinsforever
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey there Chrissy, here's to cheers for your last day of Radiotherapy last Friday and another cheers to number 3 grandchild due in May, how lovely for you and probably a baby boy.... the first boy as you have lots of girls in the family not that there is anything wrong with girls we are all so wonderful! :) but that is certainly very exciting for you all. We don;t know what my son is having so it will be a surprise. So you now have a year of Herceptin and Tamoxifen for five years. Hope ur OK with that and not to many side effects. I saw my oncologist last Friday..as I have had the double Mastectomy they only want me to be on Tamoxifen until end of year when I am supposed to have a Overectomy. I have advised that i will think about the Tamoxifen and will advise them at my 6 weeks check up in May. Between May and December there are only 7 months anyway what do you think?. Thanks for tip on the look good feel better workshops I will look into that. Saturday I am looking forward to the B/C fund raiser I am attending and what a great cause heheh. Anyway Chrissy you take care and keep in touch.

JenniferXX

• twinsforever
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey there Chrissy, here's to cheers for your last day of Radiotherapy last Friday and another cheers to number 3 grandchild due in May, how lovely for you and probably a baby boy.... the first boy as you have lots of girls in the family not that there is anything wrong with girls we are all so wonderful! :) but that is certainly very exciting for you all. We don;t know what my son is having so it will be a surprise. So you now have a year of Herceptin and Tamoxifen for five years. Hope ur OK with that and not to many side effects. I saw my oncologist last Friday..as I have had the double Mastectomy they only want me to be on Tamoxifen until end of year when I am supposed to have a Overectomy. I have advised that i will think about the Tamoxifen and will advise them at my 6 weeks check up in May. Between May and December there are only 7 months anyway what do you think?. Thanks for tip on the look good feel better workshops I will look into that. Saturday I am looking forward to the B/C fund raiser I am attending and what a great cause heheh. Anyway Chrissy you take care and keep in touch.

JenniferXX