Hello again :)

Options
maljean
maljean Member Posts: 17
edited July 2014 in General discussion

Well.... I found out I have cancer in my other breast which is a bummer to say the least. So have to finish chemo treatment another 4 and then get a bilateral mastectomy and reconstruction. I am thinking about getting free tram flap done, has anyone had this?

I am also waiting on gene test result which will determine if the ovaries go as well. I am still trying to be up beat and I still look at the positives like thank god I insisted that I get a ultra sound on the other breast as I wasn't happy with the feel of it and everyone seemed to consitrating on the other and when they found the cancer it wasn't invasive and still small. And another positive  I get my boob job and tummy tuck lol so all good :)  

But please if there is anyone that can give me tips and advise on the reconstruction it would be appreciated . 

Comments

• mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,330
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Sorry about your second diagnosis. Thank goodness you were insistent about your other breast. Good luck with your remaining treatment. A lovely lady called Louie has started a page called Breast Reconstruction. It is brilliant. Lots of ladies have posted stories and pictures. I am having the op you are wanting on Dec 4th. Just search for breast reconstruction on this site and you should find the page.
    Best wishes
    Paula :)
  • mum2jj
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Sorry about your second diagnosis. Thank goodness you were insistent about your other breast. Good luck with your remaining treatment. A lovely lady called Louie has started a page called Breast Reconstruction. It is brilliant. Lots of ladies have posted stories and pictures. I am having the op you are wanting on Dec 4th. Just search for breast reconstruction on this site and you should find the page.
    Best wishes
    Paula :)
  • maljean
    maljean Member Posts: 17
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thank you mum lol good luck for your op 

• mum2jj
    edited March 2015
    Options
    You know this is what is so good about this site. You are going through so much at the moment and you take the time to wish me luck. Right back at you pink sister :)
    Paula