Ballarat support

Options
sallyw
sallyw Member Posts: 52
edited October 2013 in Community news and events

I was just wondering if there are any ladies out there from Ballarat or surrounding district who would like to link up?  There are a couple of breast cancer support groups in Ballarat, however I have contacted both of these groups and no one has responded to my emails.  I am feeling a little alone at the moment and it would be nice to know other people in a similar situation as me.

Comments

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Sally

Nice to meet you.  I am sorry you haven't had any success in contacting any of these support groups.  I had a similar problem way back then.

Can I suggest you contact the BCNA office by phone and explain your situation and I am sure one of those beautiful girls in the BCNA office will be able to put you in contact with someone if there is any support groups current.

If not, do what I did and started up my own. :-)

Lots of love,Mich xooxoxox

• sallyw
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thank you Mich,

I will contact BCNA and see what they say and yes, I might end up starting my own.  What is the use of a support group that you can't get support from?

Sally. xxx

• Mich x
    edited March 2015
    Options

Very true.  Give it a go Sally.

Good luck luvy.

I am here if you need me though. Unfortunately I am in Perth so no good face to face but I am happy to support you online here, by email and even by phone if you would like my details.

Mich xoxoxoox

• Mich x
    edited March 2015
    Options

Very true.  Give it a go Sally.

Good luck luvy.

I am here if you need me though. Unfortunately I am in Perth so no good face to face but I am happy to support you online here, by email and even by phone if you would like my details.

Mich xoxoxoox

• sallyw
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thank you so much for your support.  I appreciate it so much.  I will be in touch if I need to.  Hopefully this week will be better for me than last week. Sal.xx

• Mich x
    edited March 2015
    Options

If not just let me know Sally.  I am here for you for a chat.

You can also ring Cancer Council on 131120 if ever you need any assistance etc.  They are able to assist in a lot of different ways.

Good luck luvy but remember you are not alone.  Let me know how you go with BCNA etc.

Lots of love always, Mich xoxo

• Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Sally and welcome to the online network. If you need a hand with anything just shout -- but it looks like you are finding your way around :)

I'm really surprised that you have had trouble connecting with face-to-face support in your area - as I know there are some very active groups. A good place to start would be to call Colleen at Support4Cancer centre in Ballarat: http://www.bcna.org.au/ldirectory/listing/support4cancer-ballarat-surrounds-vic

In the mean time I hope the online network gives you a place to connect with others and share your experiences. There is an online group for the Central Highlands area which you might like to join: http://www.bcna.org.au/group/47019

As I said - please shout if you need a hand.

Cheers,
    Daina