Options
2»

Comments

• Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Julia,

Great to hear you are feeling the benifits of your physio treatments.

I am not sure if you've found our online Local Services Directory yet -- But it is a great place to submit a service you recommend for others to find | http://www.bcna.org.au/ldirectory/listing

The online directory is still new, so we are relying on our members to recommend services that they have used and have found helped following their diagnosis of breast cancer. I thought you might want to check with your physio and see if he/she would be happy to be listed in the directory.

Feel free to contact me if you wish to discuss further, 1800 500 258.

- Daina

• pisces_tas
    pisces_tas Member Posts: 474
    edited March 2015
    Options

I was HER negative, oestrogen receptor negative, and progesterone negative.. the first lumpectomy on R side in 1998. had chemo and radiation.

In 2003.. i was oestrogen equivical.. had radiation only. i think i was progesterone receptor positive. i did not have any hormone treatment, or chemotherapy in 2003.

I have passed the 5 year mark; fingers  crossed, but BC still impacts my life today, though i have also found new friendships, new interests and am happy with my lot in life.

re SHIATSU and cancer... i googled it..

acupressure points are similar to many shiatsu points.  interstingly it mentions it can help LYMPH drainage, PAIN REDUCTION, plus reduce ANXIETY pre and post surgery.

http://www.helenhuntshiatsu.com/?page_id=398

I use acupressure  to help with  discomforts / pain. I am interested to  learn more about it.

Kathy.

• Karen10
    Karen10 Member Posts: 40
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi ,this is Karen's husband Jeff. I became interested in shiatsu about 15 years ago, I bought books and finially did an accredited course a a local natural therapies college. Shiatsu is of Japanese origin and we have all heard of japanese girls walking on mens backs. Shiatsu use the meridians as does accupressure and the pracitioner can use hara or the pulses to diagnose problems. I tend to use touch and feel to see where the meridians are blocked and than work on those blockages. While books are excellent I found that doing a course with a skilled teacher takes you to the next level and beyond.

Jeff

Hi Kathy

I thought Jeff was in more of a position to answere your question about shiatsu.

Take Care Karen