Cycling Accident

Options
Custard
Custard Member Posts: 417
edited September 2013 in Community news and events

Poor Ros,

I hope she recovers fully and without any problems.

Wish we were all closer, geographically, to assist you dear Ros.

Chin up!

http://www.lithgowmercury.com.au/story/1801398/rozs-bicycle-challenge-suffers-a-fall/?cs=1212

Comments

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Mandy , thanks for posting this.  I can never understand why newpapers get the details incorrect - always.  Anyway they were close. XLeonie

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

I've just discovered this AGAIN .... why is it we speak but no one listens!!!  The paper did a story about my shave wiith some great photos (link on f/b) but there were inaccuracies in it.

Spoke to Marita about it, she told me not to stress too much as it happens .... but it's annoying.

On another track, will you girls click to a post "So Scared" - Jodie Wall.  She is 44, mother of 5 and disgnosed 2 days ago.  I have known her from my NT days, she and my daughter are great mates. ..... AND she's scared shitless poor love

Luv Shirl x0x

• ShirlO
    edited March 2015
    Options

I've just discovered this AGAIN .... why is it we speak but no one listens!!!  The paper did a story about my shave wiith some great photos (link on f/b) but there were inaccuracies in it.

Spoke to Marita about it, she told me not to stress too much as it happens .... but it's annoying.

On another track, will you girls click to a post "So Scared" - Jodie Wall.  She is 44, mother of 5 and disgnosed 2 days ago.  I have known her from my NT days, she and my daughter are great mates. ..... AND she's scared shitless poor love

Luv Shirl x0x

• ShirlO
    edited March 2015
    Options

Just clicked through to the link about Ros' accident .... there's that word again - research -, the same word was used in my story.  I don't know how much info I have given about the work that BCNA does it doesn't seem to register.

Anyway we are all pretty resiliant so we will keep bashing our heads against the brick wall of "reporter deafness" and hope the message gets through

Luv  Shirl

• Custard
    Custard Member Posts: 417
    edited March 2015
    Options

Yes, Shirl

our experience here makes us wonder what ACTUALLY important people say, by the time it is reported in the papers or TV the message is garbled.

Ah well, back to putting my head in the sand lol.