Final wash and rinse

Options
Cherylek
Cherylek Member Posts: 197
edited September 2013 in Health and wellbeing
As some of you might be aware on Saturday I went to work for the first time without my wig. I was really nervous but got mostly positive comments and support.
Day two tomorrow.
So the time has come to do the final wash and rinse and pack it away forever!
Dear wig, I have liked you, hated you and now it is time to say goodbye and hello to my own hair. Cheryle :)

Comments

• annie58
    annie58 Member Posts: 108
    edited March 2015
    Options

Dear Cheryle,

I did a similar thing yesterday. I went and donated my prosthesis to be handed on to a lady overseas. I wrote a little note, tucked in its box, said Thankyou and off it went. Maybe your wig would like to go with it.

Hope your feeling good.

Annie

• Cherylek
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I am feeling great, I'm actually wondering where I could donate the headscarves and turbans that I never wore. Any ideas? Cheryle :)
  • annie58
    edited March 2015
    Options

Cheryle, someone needs them more than you so why not offer them on this website. I donate a lot of stuff now and it makes me feel good.

• annie58
    edited March 2015
    Options

Cheryle, someone needs them more than you so why not offer them on this website. I donate a lot of stuff now and it makes me feel good.

• Atlanta
    Atlanta Member Posts: 44
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Yay, no more wig for you! That's great. It must feel so good to have your own hair, I can't wait! Probably a few more months for me yet. When I had chemo on Friday, I saw someone had donated their headscarves and left them for anyone to take. So that is another option, to take them to the chemo suite.
    Vanessa :)
  • Atlanta
    Atlanta Member Posts: 44
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Yay, no more wig for you! That's great. It must feel so good to have your own hair, I can't wait! Probably a few more months for me yet. When I had chemo on Friday, I saw someone had donated their headscarves and left them for anyone to take. So that is another option, to take them to the chemo suite.
    Vanessa :)
  • Cherylek
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Well I did it! Yesterday I had my Oncologist and Herceptin appointments so I took my unused headscarves and donated them to the Oncology unit. Felt great to be able to give just a tiny little bit back. Cheryle :)