Going Strong

Options
Tania SA
Tania SA Member Posts: 16
edited September 2013 in Health and wellbeing
It's' been 8 years today!

Wow!! where has that time gone? It's funny how I remember the day I had my surgery and exactly 1 year later my ovaries removed. But I don't remember the date I received the confirmation that the lump was cancerous. I remember the phone call and everything else, but not the exact date. My girls have grown up, my baby is now 10

On an even better note, I started playing netball for my local netball team this year wearing special gloves to protect my right hand in case I fall on the asphalt and:
a) We made it through to the finals; and
b) We won yesterday and are through to the grand final on Saturday. Am so stoked!

Had to vent happily

Comments

• Tania SA
    Tania SA Member Posts: 16
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Mitch x

I am so glad my little piece of happiness, well actually HUGE piece, brought some positive happiness to you. Stay strong you are a legend yourself.

Who knows, when you get better and the time is right, you might get back into playing netball yourself. If I can find away around my risk of lymphodema and protect myself from injuring my hand and start playing again at 40 after 9 years, anyone can.

When my team gets on court on Saturday, whether I make it onto court or not, I will be doing it for myself, my team and all of my pink sisters.

Love you all xoxo