Xmas is a-coming soon...

Options
Custard
Custard Member Posts: 417
edited November 2011 in General discussion

Hi all,

How are things going for you now that October is over?

I look at the photo of our group a lot, it is beside the monitor, and hope everyone has enough energy to think about Xmas.

Love to all, Mandy

Comments

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi there Mandy - how are things with you?  I've been "lucky" enough to catch a flu virus over the last few weeks.  It's a really affectionate little beast (or beastie as Moira would say) and doesn't want to leave me.  Have even tried to give it away!!!

Not sure what we are doing for Xmas yet depends on whether Terry has work away.  We will prob go down to his daughters place near Horsham or have a few days on the river.

Have to go to Melb on Tues to have my 5 yr checkup for my knee replacement op ... hopefully will get to go out to the Office and see the girls, though I think a few will be in Broken Hill for the forum there.  i was going to go, but unfortunately can't be in two places at once (not even super-woman can do that!!!!)

Take care everyone ...

Cheers ..... Shirl xxx

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Mandy -- you surely sound like you had a busy October.   Amazing to think that Christmas is nearly here!  We're having the family together at our place, so I'll probably be completely grey before it's done!   What are your plans?

• Di_BCNA
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Shirl -- give us a call if you're free for lunch or coffee tomorrow.  We'd love to see you!  :)

• ShirlO
    ShirlO Member Posts: 350
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi there, we will definately be in to see you all ..... will come out first thing, staying out near Keilor Tues night so will come out your way first, then have to be back at St Vincents by 1. Terry has to go to a couple of supply places on the other side of town, then back to Horsham Wed night and home Thursday. 

Would stay longer but am helping a girlfriend pack up her house and have garage sale Fri & Sat.

See you then ....

Cheers ... Shirl x

• Di_BCNA
    edited March 2015
    Options

No worries, we'll shout you a coffee around 10.  Bring Terry too if he's free. :)

• Custard
    Custard Member Posts: 417
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Di,

sorry for silence but like Shirl I have had a virus for two weeks, it went away and now is back. I am so tired, and ache all over. Also my mother had a bladder op and is causing concerns.

My two kids, son in law and grand daughter will join Nigel and me, so that will be a nice small 6 for Xmas lunch. I have the ham and turkey organised, and the shellfish and crayfish.. it is the veggies and setting up left to plan. We will have hot traditional lunch inside and depending on the Launcesto  weather about the evening meal.

This will all eventuate IF this damned virus goes... the Drs have CT scanned me, sent swabs off to path, and an MRI but all is clear. Gggrrrrr.

• Di_BCNA
    edited March 2015
    Options

Bah! Those pesky viruses just don't seem to know when they've worn out their welcome, do they?

No need to apologise -- it's a busy time of year for everyone, although you sound as though you have your plans all made and everything ready to go. I only wish I could say I was so organised!

Hope you feel better soon, but till then, put your feet up and have a good rest. :)