I Believe, I Believe, I Believe

Options
Pink66
Pink66 Dragonfly Posts: 366
edited August 2013 in General discussion

Just had to pop in and visit for just a minute and spill the beans !!

Today was D-Day after 6 months flying solo, with zero treatment of any description.

It would be an obvious wish to have an A+ report card but right now I think I am at a B heading for a B+. But I am a bit of a hard marker LOL.  So here goes.  CT and Bone Scan with BT done

all areas of bone disease are unchanged - only right iliac crest has increased by 3mm (in 6 months). My ribs keep cracking but if you heard my cough you would understand why. So the jury is out on if it is involved or not.. but they cannot prove it so I will ignore it.. I only deal with proof and the cracks are their own worst enemies as they collect contrast due to the fracture. But huge bonus. lung is not showing any growth at all..  not one mm.. whoo hoo.
Blood test is up to 46 but  i am good with that..
I have a "watch spot" but it is inconclusive so in my world that does not exist until it does something like shows its hand and presents like cancer. I will not run the "what if syndrome game" on it one little bit

So no chemo. but starting Femera today and am preparing for the possibility of the stiffness. Blood tests now every month and if they remain stable no scan til November.

So not gone, but kicking but, yep.. 

I believe, I believe, I believe
Tai Chi, Walking, Weight Loss, Meditation, Food  Modification. big ticks from my Onc.

Turtle Power RULES !!!!!

Comments

• MandaMoo
    MandaMoo Member Posts: 500
    edited March 2015
    Options

That is awesome news.  

I admit to some pangs of jealousy at your post.  I've been dancing with the devil for 2 1/2 years now.  I have made major changes in my lifestyle, in addition to the best of Western and Eastern medicine and yet the cancer in my body marches on taking me as it's prisoner.

May you continue to heal. 

A xx

• Pink66
    edited March 2015
    Options

I feel it is like we all play chess. You just never know what the other side will move next. I just hate the grey areas of the CT. a PET would tell the whole truth but now we wait.  So the What If Syndrome reigns in the background for just a while. A maybe, could be, may not be area. The onc is sitting on the fence and so if she is I am.  Today my Dad finally admitted to my Mum that he understands that this is with me for life and it is not like EBC and that I will just do what I have to do.

I often wonder what any of us would be like if the technology in medicine was not where it is today.    I spoke today with the Onc about exactly what it is you too are doing too and asked if it is enough, is there anything more??.. You have made major changes, embraced East and West and are doing everything in your power to send the evil lergy away.  I try to evict it every single day, but boy it certainly has a mind of it's own.  She said I am doing all in my power and just keep on doing it.

We can only hope and continue to live with hope and love and walk the high wire every day. We live in a certainly, uncertain world and it is indeed frustrating when it does not seem to play by the rules.. I wish every day to be in remission but I see that it is always one step ahead of me.

I send you some seriously huge hugs and hope that the knight in your game is just around the corner and can protect you "the queen" from further harm  and send the enemy away xxxxxx

• Pink66
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Kathy, I am turning into an avid writer. It helps to keep me sane.  I so want to get it all out there into the universe as there is just so many fighting ABC and there is just so much more to find out about and do to try to stop this in its tracks.  Thank you for dropping in :):):)

• Pamelamary
    Pamelamary Member Posts: 240
    edited March 2015
    Options

Great news - stable on no treatment!!??! I have been stable for about 10 months, but on Herceptin, Tamoxifen and Denosumab. So still in the grip of Cancerville, but making hay!

Long may it last for you.

Best wishes..... Pam

• Pink66
    edited March 2015
    Options

Well not really but they get us thru.. I am sure that my Femera will slow me down for a bit, but if it holds it stable or shrinks that damn 3mm then whoo hoo.. I had forgotten the Denosumab..  yep, bone maker LOL.. needing all that too to help my poor ribs..  Can I interest you in a slightly used cough..  It is going cheap..  It is really good at cracking ribs ???

I am with you..  lots and lots of hay :) 

• Pink66
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Mich..  I am trying to get an organised chaos for my food and why it is good and how it works.. As it starts to look better I will indeed share :)

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanx luvly

xoxoxoxox