Claw Hands - 80% GONE !!!!

Options
Pink66
Pink66 Dragonfly Posts: 366
edited August 2013 in General discussion

I don't know if this will help others, but I do know that many are suffering from the pain and stiffness train that is chemo and/or ovary removal..  Some days, I could not use my hands at all and for most of the day.

I have been working overtime to get mine as sorted as possible and I have had an amazing 80% improvement !!!!!  So what is my secret you ask..  Well I think it may be a combination of the following:

Acupuncture   - totally b;***y amazing results - went to try and clear the toxicicity in my body and he asked about my hands, I explained it all  and he just says, "I can help that.."  needles in the feet and da...daaaaaa..  and now 6 weeks later I will have a top up but I am very very (did I say VERY) impressed with the results.
Hand exercises   - morning hand fist crunches until the pain subsides (max 2 minutes) then off I go.  If during the day they feel a bit stiff, I tackle a stress ball.
Tai Chi   - Because this is totally in my life forever and the rest of my body is playing much, much better and so it must by default help the hands.. (my acupuncturist said that it is so important to keep my Tai Chi up that I should do it twice !!! - no points for guessing what I do twice every day now) - Once I get going I feel better, just takes a while to get going again if I stop LOL

I cannot claim perfect hands but they are just so much better that I had to pop in and share !!..  Even my GP who had given me a small dose of a anti depressant to assist the pain and stiffness (they did not work - crook as a dog on them so 6 weeks did not go by to see if they would help) was extremely impressed when I popped in to see him.

Chemo has made my body super sensitive to drugs (probably no surprise really) and I am working on positive mindset, meditation and exercise and now acupuncture seems like it has been the missing link to my journey.  My body is beginning to settle and I feel just a little more in charge LOL

Tomorrow is CT and BS day. Then next Monday report card time.  I am looking forward to the results because no matter what I will have a new chapter in my fight to be in remission.

I am slow but steady and improving just a little every single day - a bad day is just a break from the good days - - - Mind, Body and Soul - Turtle Power Rules !!!!

Comments

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

It does take a bit of searching to find what works for you.  Mine is exercise - the piece of the puzzle that was missing.  I go when I am well - still have those bad days like you say but mostly I am very active at home anyway.  I hear all that you say about the pain.  I don't have access to a local acupuncture practioner but have it in my memory bank if the need arises.  Well done with your recovery. XLeonie

• Janey235
    Janey235 Member Posts: 1,206
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I am definitely going to go back to my acupuncturist who helped a lot with my 'frozen' shoulders (left shoulder in 2010 and right one in 2011). I'd been going to a Physio for weeks and weeks with not much improvement after surgery for both shoulders. Within a week or two of acupuncture, I had a marked improvement and within two months, my shoulder surgeon was amazed at my progress. This was in combination with daily exercises although I did miss the odd day here and there.

As my breast surgeon has told me of the risk of getting 'frozen' shoulder once again after mastectomy, I'm going to go straight back to acupuncture. I must say I was a bit of a sceptic when I first went along but now I am a definite convert.

I believe you're right that acupuncture will help clear the body of the nasty toxins that we've had pumped into us.

Hope your report card has a gold star and keep up your wonderfully positive attitude.

Cheers
    Janey xxx