I feel bad

Options
catcrazy
catcrazy Member Posts: 44
edited August 2013 in Health and wellbeing
Well, not only do I feel bad about the fact that 7 months after grade 3 7cm lump taken from breast and now told have spots in lungs which doc is quite certain is meta????, I feel bad that after a few posts months ago, I abandoned this forum completely in my quest to forget everything about this whole ordeal. I'm 38 had radiation for lump and declined chemo. I can't believe this issue with lungs now. This is so much worse second time round. I am so scared this time. The first breast cancer I was like ok the lumps gone now, technically I'm cancer free and ill think about reoccur ancle should it ever happen? But in all honesty I never really thought it would return. I'm sickened with fear ATM and don't know how to handle this. I think I shed one tear through the bc but this has me panicking and a mess. I would love to hear thoughts'? Thanks

Comments

• Pamelamary
    Pamelamary Member Posts: 240
    edited March 2015
    Options

So sorry to hear your news, but take it one step at a time. I assume you are currently having tests and should soon get a firm diagnosis. If the worst happens and you have mets, remember that for many women, this can be managed like a chronic disease.

I know it is hard, but remember to breathe - you will find the strength to deal with each step of the way as it becomes clear. There is a lot of good information and support available too.

Best wishes.....     Pam

• Pamelamary
    Pamelamary Member Posts: 240
    edited March 2015
    Options

So sorry to hear your news, but take it one step at a time. I assume you are currently having tests and should soon get a firm diagnosis. If the worst happens and you have mets, remember that for many women, this can be managed like a chronic disease.

I know it is hard, but remember to breathe - you will find the strength to deal with each step of the way as it becomes clear. There is a lot of good information and support available too.

Best wishes.....     Pam

• JanineB
    JanineB Member Posts: 19
    edited March 2015
    Options

Sorry to hear your news, it can be quite a shock. Let the tears flow Hun, it helps sometimes. It is okay to be scared and you should take some time to process your feelings, fears etc. 

I am living with mets and was unlucky to get diagnosed on my first time around. I am determined to be on this earth for a long time and whilst I have had numerous set backs during my initial treatment there are so many treatments out there to try and to prolong life. As Pam said above it can be managed as a chronic disease. 

Cry your tears and then look for your rainbow. 

Take care

• JanineB
    edited March 2015
    Options

Sorry to hear your news, it can be quite a shock. Let the tears flow Hun, it helps sometimes. It is okay to be scared and you should take some time to process your feelings, fears etc. 

I am living with mets and was unlucky to get diagnosed on my first time around. I am determined to be on this earth for a long time and whilst I have had numerous set backs during my initial treatment there are so many treatments out there to try and to prolong life. As Pam said above it can be managed as a chronic disease. 

Take care

• JanineB
    edited March 2015
    Options

Take care