Introducing myself

Options
Sarahbee
Sarahbee Member Posts: 7
edited July 2013 in General discussion

Hi there

I felt a lump went to Dr arranged ultrasound for the following week, while there a Dr came in saying it has cancer characteristics we need a core biopsy now.  That was a month ago and I'm going for bcs in 2 weeks, Dr said chemo and radiation will follow, also hormone therapy.   I have my pre admission this week and was wondering if anyone has any advise on questions I should ask there ?? 

Thanks 

Comments

• Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Sarahbee
    Welcome to BCNA. I am so sorry that you are joining us but I am sure you will find this network a great support during this difficult time. We are all here for you and will help you in any way we can.
    Regarding questions to ask, do you have your My Journey Kit yet? It will give you great suggestions for questions to ask at each stage of treatment. Basically from my experience I recommend that you take someone with you to every appointment and get them to write down what the doctors etc say. It is a really stressful time and your brain just can not handle all the info you will get at first. Write down the questions that you want to ask and don't be afraid of asking anything or asking them to explain their answer if you do not understand.
    Also ask about who to contact if you have further questions after you have time to process the information they have given you. It is your right to understand what is happening and you need to feel comfortable with the treatment that they recommend. You do feel better and cope with the treatment better if you understand what is happening and why.
    The next few weeks will be the toughest while you wait for results etc, but it will get easier once you have a treatment plan.
    I hope this helps for now. Please use the network here to ask for help along the way. There is bound to be someone who can help you any time you need us. Sending you lots of hugs and hope things go as smoothly as possible.
    xxxxooooDeanne
  • Sarahbee
    Sarahbee Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Deanne