City to Surf 2013

Options
KatRoberts
KatRoberts Member Posts: 51
edited July 2013 in Health and wellbeing
So it's 3 weeks until I run this years City to Surf, which means its 3 weeks until my 2 year anniversary of diagnosis. I'm training as hard as I'm able to. Feeling proud of myself right now as I managed 9kms yesterday without stopping..
I'm also trying to get as fit as possible, without actively losing weight, in preparation for my reconstruction happening on 30 August.. For those ladies that have had a double tram/Diep reconstruction, I'm curious to know whether you were carrying extra tummy weight in prep for the surgery???

Comments

• CyndieM
    CyndieM Member Posts: 21
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Kat,

Yes I was carrying extra weight on tummy for Tram surgery. Very happy with results, which hospital are you going to??
  • Julia44
    Julia44 Member Posts: 361
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi,

I was also carrying some tummy... I have now gone from a DD to a B cup!

Also, with regard to the bit from Kat about hopefully final bit..I thought this too but as both breasts are now not very symmetrical fear that I have to have another op. Seeing plastic surgeon today for check up and more info.

Julia

• Katrina Parker
    Katrina Parker Member Posts: 18
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Kat,

I hope this email finds you well and in full swing with your training. I have just read through your blog and am truly inspired by your story.

Keep up the great work and please let us here at BCNA know if there is anything we can do to support you with your efforts over the next 3 weeks.

Warm regards

Katrina

• NaturalBel
    NaturalBel Member Posts: 542
    edited March 2015
    Options

What a great inspiration you are, as I have just finished all my treatment for BC and at the stage of recovering my energy and fitness.  Wanted to wish you the best of energy for the run.  Well done! Bel

• NaturalBel
    NaturalBel Member Posts: 542
    edited March 2015
    Options

What a great inspiration you are, as I have just finished all my treatment for BC and at the stage of recovering my energy and fitness.  Wanted to wish you the best of energy for the run.  Well done! Bel

• KatRoberts
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Julia, what was the outcome with the surgeon yesterday? Am hoping hat you don't have to go through more surgery..
  • KatRoberts
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Julia, what was the outcome with the surgeon yesterday? Am hoping hat you don't have to go through more surgery..