CRAWF for Aussie of the Year 2014

Options
fungooleyruley
fungooleyruley Member Posts: 84
edited July 2013 in Community news and events

I am sure that this idea has already been pondered but I will put it out there anyway, just in case it hasn't.

I personally could not think of a more worthy recipient of the next Australian of the Year than Shane Crawford.

I certainly do not need to say why on this website!

Let's get a nomination going people!

Vicki R

Comments

• Laura Crowden
    Laura Crowden Member Posts: 109
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Vicki,

We agree! He gets BCNA's vote!  We are incredibly grateful for all that Shane has done for BCNA in the past and more recently through Tour de Crawf. Not only has he raised valuable funds for us, but just as importantly, he has raised awareness of breast cancer and the work we do here at BCNA.

We have been blown away by the generosity shown to Shane along his journey.  He has really touched the Australian community and inspired a huge number of people.

You can watch him on the AFL Footy Show again tonight (Channel 9 from 8:30pm AEST) when they announce just how much Shane raised for BCNA to support Australians with breast cancer.

~Laura

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I am with you girls, how do we go about it???Mich xoxoxoxo
  • Custard
    Custard Member Posts: 417
    edited March 2015
    Options

Shane, like anyone else, has to be proposed by someone who knows all that is necessary. 

Victorian of the Year is a good start!

We are behind him and is great idea.

• Custard
    Custard Member Posts: 417
    edited March 2015
    Options

Shane, like anyone else, has to be proposed by someone who knows all that is necessary. 

Victorian of the Year is a good start!

We are behind him and is great idea.

• fungooleyruley
    fungooleyruley Member Posts: 84
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Julia,

Yes, Sam's herculian effort should not be underestimated, and no, I could not imagine doing what he has done on a unicycle.

I would like to stress that my recommendation relates to Shane's direct association with BCNA and the now $2.5 million that he has raised for the network over the past few years.  I wholeheartedly recommend that you approach the Love Your Sister organisation and put forward a recommendation for Sam to be nominated.

I wish Sam and his sister all the best!

Vicki R