Shane Crawford completes his epic 22 day challenge in support of BCNA

Options
Maxine
Maxine Member Posts: 41
edited July 2013 in Community news and events

As the Tour de Crawf finished yesterday in Perth I have been able to reflect on an amazing journey, experience and fundraising event for BCNA.

The last 22 days has seen Shane Crawford and his crew connect in with many thousands of people in communities along the route.

You will see from the footage and images that he was able to connect with not only those directly impacted by breast cancer but also thousands of Australians that wanted to be part of the event and who wanted to contribute in some way.

The partnership between Channel 9, The AFL Footy Show and BCNA has been incredible. All the way along they never lost sight about what the event was about and showed great commitment and care about the cause and helping Australians with breast cancer thru supporting BCNA.

Shane in particular, was always focused on what he could do to help. It was never about him. He has been humble, strong and inspiring in doing so.

We have a great team at BCNA and I want to thank everyone involved and everyone who has taken an interest in the event. We had some remarkable BCNA members along the route who undertook a range of activities and events to support Tour de Crawf. The success of the event was so greatly enhanced by what our members and supporters did along the route Thank you to you all!

We are still counting the funds raised and the overall impact of Tour de Crawf and will, let you know when we have a final tally.

If you have not had a chance to watch the arrival of Shane into Perth and onto The AFL Footy Show - make sure you watch the clips below!

~ Maxine

Comments

• adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Must say I was really touched by the emotion on the footy show when Shane walked in I shed a tear because you can associate with his connection so much. What an amazing young gentleman he is. Adean
  • adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Must say I was really touched by the emotion on the footy show when Shane walked in I shed a tear because you can associate with his connection so much. What an amazing young gentleman he is. Adean
  • Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thank you BCNA, it was an amazing evening in Perth at the Crown. Very emotional but so wonderful for such a fabulous cause.  Shane makes you proud to be an Australian.  Well done everybody on all your hard work.Lots of love always, Mich xoxo
  • MICHELLE LOUIS
    MICHELLE LOUIS Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I would like to say to BCNA, a very big thank you for inviting me to join them to welcoming Shane to Perth and to hear his emotional story of his big bike ride across Australia! What a hero he has become and how proud all Australian's are for what he has achieved.   xx
  • Custard
    Custard Member Posts: 417
    edited March 2015
    Options

Wow, Shane and all who supported him on his massive cycle across our great land.

Not only those directly responsible for Shane's safety and "comfort" but also The Footy  Show, the Nine Network, and every person who welcomed him into their towns and hearts, a HUGE and heartfelt thank you. Awareness has been raised to new heights and this will be of huge benefit to so many women, their family and friends.

All of us BCNA Community Liaisons and women who receive support in so many ways from BCNA know that every cent of the mega total of $1.33 MILLION raised will be used wisely.

Thank you seems two tiny words but it resounds across all of Australia.