Penguin has his marching orders

Options
Pink66
Pink66 Dragonfly Posts: 366
edited June 2013 in General discussion

I just thought I would share as it may be helpful for some battling the pain and stiffness of post chemo neuropathy and ovary removal.

I have been working very very hard to reduce if not remove my hand and feet pain and the stiffness in the body..  Panadol Osteo did not even dint it..  The stronger drugs and I seriously do not agree and they gave me quite severe and adverse effects.. So this is what I am up to and it is "touch wood" working for me.. Zero Drugs right now - but am taking calcium, D, Magnesium and Olive Leaf Extract, Lung Tonic from Fusion, glucosamine and also a krill.  (all pretty colours LOL)

I have a regular massage to get the muscles to play ball and stop resembling a ball.  "tick"  right thru my pelvic area, I can move more easily, and it helps my feet too.
I am undertaking Tai Chi (a class and at home) each and every day and it is making a huge difference to the clarity of my mind,  movement, flexibility, strength and stamina. (and the family are laughing at me less and less when I get up off the couch and head for the kitchen - LOL..  penguin is leaving and taking his turtle mate with him)
I have now started acupuncture to help to clear the toxins left after chemo and also clear the fluid that seems to be my friend lately..    Yesterday, he also targeted my hands - I totally had zero expectations on what to expect - but today, there is a noticable difference in the stiffness and pain level in my hands.. more the left than the right (it is the less of the two).  But an amazing and exceptionally welcomed arrival.

I feel like it is my new full time job at the moment as I work thru it all.. But I am determined that I am going to be the best I can be and participate in life..  But the combination of  stretching, Tai Chi, Massage, and Acupuncture all together have brought me a wonderful gift.. I am beginning to be able to go for short walks again - I got to 2km the other day and did not collapse for a day after getting home -..  This is indeed a great sign.

I am currently stand alone (last PET was in Feb).. and it feels good but kind of strange..  I have no tests until the first week in August. (I am sure she is just seeing if my mate BC has a great hold or the actions so far have done an excellent job) . Then it is bloods and CT .  I am sure that when the results are in the next stage of my journey will begin..  I have not started the Arimidex as yet because I was just way too stiff and she was very afraid I would become a statue..  This is sorted now and I am sure in starting it I will go backwards for a bit.. But that just means I get to revisit some stuff to get back here again :)

I will never stop trying.. Never ever :):):)

Comments

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options
    That is such wonderful advice Pink 66 for all of us who have been diagnosed with BC no matter what symptoms we are living with.  I know for a fact I have a lot of symptoms.  I saw a Doc the other day and she indicated that some of the supps you are taking have not had any confimed benefits through research.  I think you will be able to tell her differently.  What are your thoughts on her comment.I have only just got back in to exercise and keep hitting pot holes on the way but I carry on trying and will never stop just like yourself.  I am doing water aerobics cple of times a week and have joined Curves and get there as often as possible.  Walk for 445 - 60 mins when i can as well.I have been thinking about tai chi but need to find somewhere that does this and also been thinking of acupuncture but haven't got onto that yet.I go back on to Femara shortly after being off it for 6 weeks.  My conclusion that Femara doesn't appear to be guilty for causing my pain and therefore I have no reason not to go back on to it or perhaps a different one if he recommends it.My PET scan was all clear recently so i am running with that for now.You are an amazing inspiration and have a great positive outlook.  Good on you,thank you again and good luck.Lots of love always, Mich xoxo
  • Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options
    That is such wonderful advice Pink 66 for all of us who have been diagnosed with BC no matter what symptoms we are living with.  I know for a fact I have a lot of symptoms.  I saw a Doc the other day and she indicated that some of the supps you are taking have not had any confimed benefits through research.  I think you will be able to tell her differently.  What are your thoughts on her comment.I have only just got back in to exercise and keep hitting pot holes on the way but I carry on trying and will never stop just like yourself.  I am doing water aerobics cple of times a week and have joined Curves and get there as often as possible.  Walk for 445 - 60 mins when i can as well.I have been thinking about tai chi but need to find somewhere that does this and also been thinking of acupuncture but haven't got onto that yet.I go back on to Femara shortly after being off it for 6 weeks.  My conclusion that Femara doesn't appear to be guilty for causing my pain and therefore I have no reason not to go back on to it or perhaps a different one if he recommends it.My PET scan was all clear recently so i am running with that for now.You are an amazing inspiration and have a great positive outlook.  Good on you,thank you again and good luck.Lots of love always, Mich xoxo
  • Pink66
    Pink66 Dragonfly Posts: 366
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Mich :)

It is a bit of a minefield isnt it..  I try very hard to "test" the benefit of the tabs as best I can because it is a fair chunk of $$ to keep it all up.. But as I "solve" each little side effect or issue, I stop..  If it returns I start again and if it appears to improve, I keep on taking them. If not, I throw them away.  Some things have just gone and not returned which means less tabs :)  If you look, each and every tab will have reports that sprout good and bad results LOL..

When I was undergoing chemo.  I was recommended  to try Fusion - Astra8 (immune booster) and also keep on taking my olive leaf extract..  my whites were always high, right thru and the nurses were always very very happy with that.. (I was not a well cookie for the previous 12 months at all and got anything that moved).. I have been on and off the lung tonic and tracked the difference..  My cough is measurably better when I take it.. So I just do..  and the magnesium,calcium and D..  are on my list forever.. having it in the bone means they are the best 3 to help out while I get the sunshine and the weight bearing exercise sorted..  and this stuff must not be too bad as my nails have never ever been better LOL..  I have friends who are on the glucosamine and krill for various arthritis and joint complaints and tell me that they will never go back as when they run out is when they feel the difference so they get back to it and it all settles..

My aim is zero tabs.(well calcium, mag and D will always be there I suppose) . I rattle some days..  But my body was and is still working on getting in balance and I will work thru everything as it comes.  I take all advice and information and then work it out..  I try to make as informed decision as I can..  Time I suppose tells if it is helpful so tricky because we are all so different.  Ultimately I hope to continue to improve my rainbow of foods to help naturally and keep on reducing the tabs. :)  It is a true adventure sifting thru some of the hype out there LOL..  LOL I write down lots of stuff as I find it so I can refer to it later.

I am being told at this point that my cough has nothing further to do with my lung and is the bronchial tubes and they are inflammed..  LOL chemo strikes again via my tummy.
    There is so much that goes on it is sometimes hard to identify and battle it LOL

I am so very glad that you showed clear on you PET  that is indeed a Whoo Hoo moment if ever I have seen one :).  I always love to hear that kind of result.  I have my fingers and toes crossed that it stays that way in the next test and all those after it too.  Just so you can get the picture in your head. I am doing a little happy dance in my office as I type this :):):)   

much love Sharon xxxxx