Cup of tea and a chat

NaturalBel
NaturalBel Member Posts: 542
edited October 2016 in Community news and events

I really enjoy the time I am spending at the Wednesday mornings from 10.30am at the Cancer Suport Centre and noticed that there still havent been any ladies from the BCNA group as yet.  I will keep my fingers crossed.  I always feel happy when I have been, no matter what subjects are discussed.  It doesnt matter if youre late, and there is no need to ring if you cant make it.  It is fairly laid back and flexible.  XX Bel

Tagged:

Comments

• Custard
    Custard Member Posts: 417
    edited March 2015

The group at Cancer Council is for ladies diagnosed up to 5 years ago, Bel, so that stops a lot of us BCNA ladies attending, cos we are livin' the dream!

We find ladies come along later to our monthly group, or when they sadly have a second go of the #*##** illness.

I  and several others from Tassie are going to attend the BCNA Summit in Sydney in August and amongst the training topics are: Promote, attract and nurture, and What the Hell Do I Do now and Loss and Grief in Support Groups as well as The Support Group Roller Coaster so we will come back energised and full of great ideas.

Don't forget I am at the end of the phone, computer and road (Trevallyn) if you need me.

Take special care!

• Custard
    edited March 2015

The group at Cancer Council is for ladies diagnosed up to 5 years ago, Bel, so that stops a lot of us BCNA ladies attending, cos we are livin' the dream!

We find ladies come along later to our monthly group, or when they sadly have a second go of the #*##** illness.

I  and several others from Tassie are going to attend the BCNA Summit in Sydney in August and amongst the training topics are: Promote, attract and nurture, and What the Hell Do I Do now and Loss and Grief in Support Groups as well as The Support Group Roller Coaster so we will come back energised and full of great ideas.

Don't forget I am at the end of the phone, computer and road (Trevallyn) if you need me.

Take special care!

• Custard
    edited March 2015

that means a nice cohesive group. We hade 12 at our meeting on Tuesday morning and had a cuppa after in front of the fire.. those sofas are very comfy.

The building is terrific, did you read the letter in The Examiner on Thursday from a lady who was saying how great it was? They will love to know they are appreciated.

I have put my name down for the massage, can't get to the Wednesday group (9 yrs since diagnosis) and I work  when Pilates is on.

Yes life DOES go on Bel! xx