Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

My story

Options
2»

Comments

• Lala
    Lala Member Posts: 16
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thank you Leonie. I'd appreciate any information i can get my hands on atm :)

Laree :))

• Lala
    Lala Member Posts: 16
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Mich,

Please come back to Tassie when you are well!! I'll be your tour guide :) I am loving being back here, apart from the cold weather that is. It's freezing! Come in summer!!  I went for a wander around Salamanca markets yesterday looking for hats. They have so much great stuff, I couldn't decide on anything except a scarf. MY hair has started to fall out so I'll have to get organsied fairly soon :))

I have had lymphodema in my breast and arm pit post surgery and it was most uncomfortable. It seems to have settled now though. Can't imagine what it must be like to have it constantly :(  I'm off to the NW coast for a few days with family from tomorrow, so I'll check back in again when i return. Dodgy internet up there!!

Enjy the rest of your long weekend.

Take care,

Laree :))

• NaturalBel
    NaturalBel Member Posts: 542
    edited March 2015
    Options

Radiation is over a 6 week time frame.  Each day, at a different time on my schedule, and they sometimes give you a day off due to maintenance on the machine, or a public holiday.  I had 2 operations, a lumpectomy, which was a tidy result, and 2 auxillary under same arm to removed nodes.  I had cording as a result, and it took months to reduce.  I wear a compression bandage, as a preventative to lymphadoema.  As a Trip Neg, I can only treat cancer with Chemotherapy or Radiation and this is why they are leaving my Portal in.  Since I started asking questions they have said they will take it out the if I really want to, but it is the fastest access and method to attack cancer if it reoccurs.    I also want to mention that there was about 6 weeks off between Chemo and Radiation.  For me, I found this was necessary as I was surprised at how exhausted I was.  I normally bounced back on week 3 each time, so expected to be ok fairly quickly.  ....next question.....(smiling)

• NaturalBel
    NaturalBel Member Posts: 542
    edited March 2015
    Options

Look to the left and see the picture, Its below that.  It stops us from seeing what youre writing, its very private!

• Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Laree,

How are you? I hope you have managed to get back online and are getting through your treatment.

I meant to mention this resource back in June - did you receive a copy of the 'Hope and Hurdles' resource? If not you might find it really helpful. Have a look and order online: http://www.bcna.org.au/hope-hurdles-pack

I hope this message finds you well.

Cheers

Daina