Field of Women postponed

Options
Maxine
Maxine Member Posts: 41
edited May 2013 in Community news and events

Dear BCNA members,

BCNA regretfully advises that, due to unforeseen costs and logistical and timing obstacles, the Field of Women 2013 in Sydney on 10 August at ANZ stadium will not go ahead as planned and will be rescheduled.

We know many of you have already been making plans to stay in Sydney for this very special event, so we wanted to let you know as soon as we had made this difficult decision.

We are of course very disappointed, but as you know we are committed to running quality events.  We have continued to face considerable logistical challenges and we did not want to compromise the experience for you and your supporters. For those of you who attended in 2007, you will understand these challenges!

The good news is we will work with the AFL to find another date next year.  They are terrific supporters of the Field of Women and BCNA and we are confident that we will hold a great event next year.

If you have already made travel plans, we have provided advice regarding flights and accommodation on the Field of Women page on our website.

Again, we sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused and look forward to standing with you on the Field next year together with the many Australians affected by breast cancer.

~ Maxine

Comments

• Maxine
    edited March 2015
    Options

HI Leonie and Moira

Thanks so much for your understanding .  Love your attitude!

Maxine

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Maxine and the girls at BCNA

I was one of the ones who had already booked in advance as I was so excited to be attending the Field of Women but that is not to be but my plans are still going to go ahead.  We just have to tweak some of the flight dates and times.

I will be attending the Summit and then still spending the F.O.W. day and night in Sydney with my very best friend who lives on the coast of Sydney and who I met through this wonderful BCNA website.  

I have so much to thank BCNA for and I fully understand that occasions such as F.O.W. are so hard to bring together with so many people and organisations involved other than just BCNA.  I fully accept that it is not possible this year but hopefully next year or the year after.

What will be, will be.  

Lots of love, Mich xoxoxoxo

• Maxine
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Mich

See you at the Summit!

Bring some pink to wear to the dinner.......

• pisces_tas
    pisces_tas Member Posts: 474
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Maxine,

After the Launceston Conference in March, 2013, I could see how much goes into these things, and the Summit in 2014 will hopefully be a success. So many diagnoses for Breast Cancer ongoing each year. So many lives affected, and  people and families involved. TC..  Kathy.

• pisces_tas
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Maxine,

After the Launceston Conference in March, 2013, I could see how much goes into these things, and the Summit in 2014 will hopefully be a success. So many diagnoses for Breast Cancer ongoing each year. So many lives affected, and  people and families involved. TC..  Kathy.

• pisces_tas
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Maxine,