A million reasons to buy a pink bun

Options
Marita_BCNA
Marita_BCNA Member Posts: 11
edited October 2016 in Community news and events

Hello from a very excited Queen of Pink Bun,

My favourite time of the year is here again.....Pink Bun time!

Between 2nd - 22nd May, more than 600 Bakers Delight bakeries across Australia will ‘pink up’ and donate 100% of the sale of their Pink Finger Buns to BCNA.

This year marks a ‘Baker’s Dozen’ -- 13 years of partnership between Bakers Delight and BCNA, with the Pink Bun campaign having raised over $6.5 million to date to directly support thousands of women and families through their breast cancer journey. 

Customers are encouraged to buy a pink bun and leave a personal message on a Pink Lady paper silhouette. The message may be in support or memory of a loved one with breast cancer and are displayed around the bakery during the campaign.

The money raised by Bakers Delight customers will help BCNA continue to provide free information resources to newly diagnosed women, including the My Journey Kit.

How you can get involved

We know that Pink Buns are a special treat, not everyday food, but we encourage you to pop into your local Bakers Delight and buy a few pink buns to support BCNA.

Why not host a Pink Bun Morning Tea at work or buy your Mum or kids a treat this Mother’s Day? Every cent will come directly to BCNA!

We also encourage our members and support groups to 'link up' with their local Bakers Delight bakery to promote the services of BCNA.  By linking up with a bakery it puts a real, local face to the campaign.

Let’s make the 2013 Pink Bun Campaign our best one yet! The aim is to raise 1.2 million!

From the Queen of Pink Bun,
Marita x

Tagged:

Comments

• Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Marita,

I went and visited a couple of Bakeries on the weekend and was really happy to see the support.

Bakers Delight Doncaster, Victoria

Bakers Delight Croydon, Victoria

• Raele
    Raele Member Posts: 23
    edited March 2015
    Options

Bakers Delight in Whyalla is looking very pink.  Whyalla Pink Spirits visited the store on Monday morning (6th May) and enjoyed a great morning tea. Pink Buns were delicious

WPS presented the store with a certificate of appreciation.