Intro

Options
chibipink
chibipink Member Posts: 29
edited May 2013 in General discussion

Hi,

thought I'd introduce myself. I'm 47 and somewhat surprised that on this site I am considered young. :) One nice thing to come out of my diagnosis!

Invasive low grade carcinoma, both sides. Looks like stage 1 so far. Scheduled for partial mastectomies and sentinal node biopsies on the 13th of May. Unfortunately and MRI showed a second mass on the left that turned out the be fat! and a bunch of vaguer things on the right. Awaiting the results of a second MRI to see if I need a biopsy on the right which might turn up more cancer at which point its game over for my right breast. :(

Or the things might have disappeared 4 days further into my cycle, but I'm trying hard not to pin my hopes on that.

Comments

• susiew
    susiew Member Posts: 8
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Chibipink! See...there is always a positive!!

I hope the results have come back in your favour.....at 40 (last year) I had a lumpectomy...but went through the stress of expecting both breasts to be removed because of the results of a MRI......I got lucky and the results came back negative (after biopsies!), so my fingers are crossed for you too.

Good luck...we are all here for you any time of day or night!

Susie x

• chibipink
    chibipink Member Posts: 29
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Susie. I'm trying not to be too optimistic about tomorrow because then I can't be disappointed if its bad, and hopefully better prepared. I'm actually more worried tonight about the procedure itself. I need a sedative to stop me flinching when they stick a needle as a big as a ballpoint pen deep into my boob! And then vacuum out a chunk. Shudder!

I guess the diazepam is also to make me forget what they do to me!

• sillysam83
    sillysam83 Member Posts: 378
    edited March 2015
    Options

hoping things turned out good for you. my MRI brought up more that was useless then good. it all depends on the breast, everyones body is different. 

let us know how u went