tui99

Options
tui99
tui99 Member Posts: 1
edited May 2013 in Health and wellbeing

Hi Daina,

How great it is that at long last there is some one like you to facilitate a group in the South East Qld.

I appeciate the hard work that you have put into becoming a facilitor for this area. I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer late 2007. I had a lumpectomy followed by Chemotherapy /radiation.

I really went through so much while being treated by chemotherapy, with most of the time being in hospital. My emotions were terrible, suffering from severe depression, and the sudden onset of  night sweats etc. Needless to say, I was glad that was all over. I'm glad to say, that as I approach five years survival, I am really enjoying life.

The annual mammograms are a constant worry, as I should think most women would have that fear.

It will be good to be posted of what activities will take place in our area.

Thank you once again.

Comments

• Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi tui99 -It is great to hear you are doing so well 5 years on! From what the women say in the online network I think there will be that ongoing worry about their annual mammograms.

I'm hoping that all the members of this group will join together and I will not have to do any facilitating -- I just set it up for you all :-) -- And it is great to see you all jumping in and making introductions. I hope you can use this group to connect with others and share your experiences. I think Cathy mentioned that she has been dealing with depression, so i am not sure if you have any tips for her?

~Cheers, Daina