Wanted!

Options
Lynne
Lynne Member Posts: 26
edited October 2010 in Day to day

Women in or near the Melbourne Bayside area to get together to chat, drink coffee or whatever you prefer.  I feel a strong need to meet up with and talk/listen to others who have been or are going through this.  I am hoping there are others out there who feel the same and would like to join me.

Lynne

Comments

• Tara
    Tara Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi all

I am seeking some information on behalf of my Mum - she had breast cancer twice, the first about 40 years ago.  She has over the years had several health issues which now seem to have been "diagnosed" as effects from the radiotherapy.  ie ribs breaking from coughing and sneezing, needing a stent put in one of her arteries, diagnosed with asthma which would now appear to be either radiation pheumonitis or fibrosis - she has a really bad cough which has been going on and on and on.

I would be really grateful if anyone could point me in the direction of some information about these kinds of impacts (so far a google search has turned up only very general information) and treatments or management techniques available.

Thank you

Tara

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Lynne!  I know you've been looking for a group near you, so wanted to let you know we've just published the new 'member groups' section on the site which shows the location of all groups registered with BCNA.  If you go to the search page and select Victoria (or type in your postcode), you'll be able to see what groups there are in your general area, and decide how far you're willing to travel.

Here's the link to the search page: http://www.bcna.org.au/membergroup/search.

Underneath the search boxes, you'll see the results display in a list, but if you click on the tab labelled 'map', you'll also be able to see them all pinned.  Click on one of the pins and it will give you some more information about that group, and a link to the group page.

Hope that helps...

• Celbird
    Celbird Member Posts: 680
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Lynne, would love to join you but I'm in SA!!...BUMMER! It's a great idea to put the call out there though...perhaps I need to do that in SA! Celeste x

• Narelle
    Narelle Member Posts: 12
    edited March 2015
    Options

Like Celeste, I'd love to join you, but am in ACT!!!!

I am a member of the Dragons Abreast dragon boating club up here for breast cancer survivors and supporters. I believe there is a team in the melb and in Frankston area. I find the ladies a brilliant source of encouragment and comraderie. Not for everybody, but certainly filled a void for me.

You might even enjoy the sport!!!

Cheers, Narelle.

• seaford jenny
    seaford jenny Member Posts: 79
    edited March 2015
    Options

hi lynne i  have been looking for a group in the bayside area would be delighted to join  yours  regards jenny

• seaford jenny
    edited March 2015
    Options

hi lynne i  have been looking for a group in the bayside area would be delighted to join  yours  regards jenny

• seaford jenny
    edited March 2015
    Options