scuba diving after bc

Options
Bardoe
Bardoe Member Posts: 57
edited April 2013 in Health and wellbeing

Hi everyone,

its been just a tad over 2 years since diagnosis and all the treatments,  but i have an opportunity to go scuba diving for a week in the Philippines.  So I went a did a refresh diving course last weekend and have been swimming to have some fitness for my trip. booked my flights and heading off in 4 weeks - woo hoo.

Just wondering has anyone else been diving  after bc and has any information they would like to share?

cheers Bardoe

Comments

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

I don't see why you would have a problem.  When I went to Thailand we went on a trip to Phi Phi Island.  There was scope for everyone to go diving - only with "pipes" and flippers (can't think what it is called)  Anyway I was severely seasick.  They made me put on a life jacket and more or less thrw me into the ocean.  They thought I would recover from the seasickness.  What I wanted to do was "just float away".  My sisters realised this and kept a tight reign on me.  I did get to see all the lovely fish swimming under me though.  I reckon you will have a great time.XLeonie