I went back to gym

Options
Melbbarbiegirl
Melbbarbiegirl Member Posts: 10
edited February 2014 in Health and wellbeing
It's 3 weeks tomorrow since my op and I did my first spin (cycle) class today.

I took it easier than normal but was pleasantly surprised with what I could do. The most uncomfortable part was turning the dial to change the resistance.

During the last track I had to slow down a little as there was a lot of climbing and I was getting out of breath.

I've also started doing some light weights at home this week. Just 2kg bicep curls and tricep push backs.

So excited to be back at gym, I feel normal again.

Comments

• Melbbarbiegirl
    Melbbarbiegirl Member Posts: 10
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Daina

Yes I did thank you. I haven't tried the DVD yet cos until I read your message I'd actually forgotten about it. When I got it I wasn't ready to do much and put it in the DVD cabinet. So thanks for the reminder and I'll give it a go tomorrow

Thanks. Heather
  • Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
    edited March 2015
    Options

Oh perfect. Well let us know how you go :-)

• Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Heather,

I'm just jumping back in to see how you're going? And to find out if you are attending the 'Active and Well After Breast Cancer' information session being held in Flemmington next week? It will be a great day and will give you some tips and information to help improve your health and wellbeing following treatment. If you want to know more follow this link - http://www.bcna.org.au/news/2014-08/active-and-well-after-breast-cancer-initiative