Head Count & Hello!

Options
-Samantha-
-Samantha- Member Posts: 61
edited October 2016 in Community news and events

Hi Ladies!

I thought after more than 2 years of starting this group, I should post something and get started on becoming a bit better "admin" of our Adelaide Girls!

Would love to hear any updates on treatments or health or better still....NEW THINGS IN OUR LIVES (if that's where you're at?)

Since I posted last I've been very busy getting back into work, have done a few things with BCNA (including attending the National Summit last Oct in Sydney)

We are currently up to 28 members and maybe its time we tried to find a date that we could all meet for coffee? Thoughts?

Hope this finds you all well and happy in where you're at?

Sam x

Tagged:

Comments

• Katrina Parker
    Katrina Parker Member Posts: 18
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi ladies,

I am very new at this blog concept - first time blogger today!!

I thought I would let you know there is an event being held on Sunday 15 September where you can do anything from a leisurely 3km walk to a 12 km run. 39,000 people took part last year so it is a great day out with loads of positive community atmosphere. 

Here is the website link to the 2012 event which gives you all the information you need!

http://www.city-bay.org.au/

Take care

Katrina xx

• Erica Shadiac
    Erica Shadiac Member Posts: 190
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi. I'm 5 weeks post diagnosis (PD usually means Professional Development for me but I'll go with this new meaning as my world has been turned on it's proverbial head!). 4 weeks ago I had a mastectomy and axillary clearance. Today I started chemo. Was ready for the S&D Team (seek and destroy) to get onboard and start doing their thing!

I am finding sometimes I need this site and the camaraderie, info and my blog (http://www.bcna.org.au/user/12163/blog) to keep me going. Other times I want to forget about the fact that I have (HAD!) cancer and play at being as 'normal' as possible. That means NOT talking about it, being with NON BC 'healthy' friends and enjoying that I am on leave and have time to spend with my daughters and their kids (3 grandies! 2 year old boy, 2 month old girl (brother and sister), 1 day old girl (their cuz!). This is important time because it feels soooo good and positive! I am relaxed, happy and my body can heal.

So... has this group had any get-togethers?? I have been to two with the Adelaide BC Friendship Group (ABCFG) at Norwood.... Is there a different purpose perhaps for this group - just local sharing...?

Cheers
    Erica

• JENNIFERJ
    JENNIFERJ Member Posts: 37
    edited March 2015
    Options

HI ALL JUST WONDERING IS THIS GROUP ACTIVE... I LOOK HERE LOADS OF TIMES AND NOTHING IS HAPPENING. I HAVE MOVED OVER TO THE  ADELAIDE BREAST CANCER FRIENDSHIP GROUP AS THEY HAVE LUNCHES AND DINNER I REALLY NEED FACE TO FACE CONTACT... MOST OF THE LADIES ARE IN THE ABCFG AS WELL AS ADELAIDE GIRLS. I LOVE HAVING THE FACE TO FACE CONTACT WITH THIS GROUP. I HAVE MEET SOME OF MY BEST FRIENDS IN THE WORLD THERE. HOPE TO SEE SOME OF YOU AT THE HOPE IN ON PORT ROAD HINDMARSH ON FRIDAY AT 7PM