Country Encore

Options
Ozrose
Ozrose Member Posts: 6
edited April 2013 in Health and wellbeing

Hi Ladies, just to let you know that there will be an Encore Program running in the lovely Barossa Valley starting on 29th April.  Please call or email the following if you are interested in attending!  office@ywca.com.au or 08 8203 9400.  Would love to see you there :)

Comments

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi , we are trying to get this program up and running in our area.  We live in central Queensland and to date have had big issues with getting it running..  Enjoy! XLeonie

• Debbie J
    Debbie J Member Posts: 322
    edited March 2015
    Options

I live in Harrington, near Port Macquarie N.S.W.  Is there any Encore Programs near where I live. Deb

• Ozrose
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Debbie, you can keep in view of whats on by going to the following site ---  http://www.ywcaencore.org.au/node/26

I have had a look and Port Mcquarie is listed but sadly no program is running in Term 2.  Keep you eye out for Term 3.  The other thing to do is email the YWCA Encore and put your name down - the more names in an area helps to get a possible program running.  The Facilitator will call you if and when the program is going to be started.

Hope this helps :) Best wishes

Valerie

• Debbie J
    Debbie J Member Posts: 322
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thank you.

• Custard
    Custard Member Posts: 417
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi, I am wondering about the situation of a lady wanting to attend an Encore Program but has a round trip of over 200kms and low funds. The local patient travel assistance scheme was approached but they were unsure, they now have Encore information, but I would like to know what other areas have experienced.

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Mandy,  I would be really interested in this.  We have never had this program in Rockhampton.  About a year ago Terry and I tried to set it up.  Of course there is the program in Brisbane but whenever one goes to Brisbane for radiation treatment, the timeframe is too short for the Encore program.  I had never thought of a possible PTSS assistance.  XLeonie

• Ozrose
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Ladies, travel is interesting particularly in the country areas of Australia.  It is a shame that often ladies miss out because of this factor.  City ladies get no assistance to the venue but maybe country councils etc can cater a little differently.  Maybe if an area has enough ladies to go to Encore, a community bus could be used? or approach the council to see if they have any sort of funding for this sort of event???  Ideally, would be nice if Encore was everywhere, but because of the training cost alone and availability of ladies wanting to be a Facilitator, makes it hard.  Then there is the ongoing cost of upkeep with refresher courses too :(  One day.......

• Custard
    Custard Member Posts: 417
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks, food for thought!