looking after bald head

Options
Jenw
Jenw Member Posts: 17
edited March 2013 in Health and wellbeing

Hi

I'm in the process of lossing my hair, I had it clipped from shoulder  to a number 4, happy with that, My question  is as it is coming out very fast now, unfortunatly mainly on top thinning at back,  when it is all gone, is there are need for cream to be applied to scalp etc. any help would be very much appreciated.  I just had my second cycle Friday 22nd March 4 to go. (yea) I'm really in the dark about what to do.

Regards

Jenny

Comments

• safarian
    safarian Member Posts: 24
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Jenny

I went for a zero shave so there was not alot of hair left after that! I am about to have cycle 4 and although my hair is almost gone on top and sides there are still many determined folicless hanging in at the back. I wash my scalp with the same soap I use on my body (a medicated liquid soap for dermatitis) and give it a rub with sorbolene or whatever moisturiser I have handy. I found the moisturiser really important to avoid the flaky/dry skin look. Also, dont forget the sun block. Although I wear a hat most of the time, its nice to be able to take it off if you want and not have to worry about sunburn.

All the best

• safarian
    safarian Member Posts: 24
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Jenny

I went for a zero shave so there was not alot of hair left after that! I am about to have cycle 4 and although my hair is almost gone on top and sides there are still many determined folicless hanging in at the back. I wash my scalp with the same soap I use on my body (a medicated liquid soap for dermatitis) and give it a rub with sorbolene or whatever moisturiser I have handy. I found the moisturiser really important to avoid the flaky/dry skin look. Also, dont forget the sun block. Although I wear a hat most of the time, its nice to be able to take it off if you want and not have to worry about sunburn.

All the best

• Jenw
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Mich

Many thanks for your reply, I live in a area where I'm finding my way round support groups, which we have one

that I attended, they meet once a month, but as you know things pop up very quickly, so this forum has really saved me a lot tears, just reading that others are going through the same things as myself, I really don't feel so alone now.  We don't have any family near by, which is a little hard sometimes, but many good friends which helps. Anyway my journey really is just starting, this second cycle has knocked me down today, but I will bounce back, just had a Skype call from some of my grandsons who have just had their buzz cuts so we all have the same hair or for me a lot less, they were very impressed but a little two young to understand why Nan would cut off her shoulder lenght hair.  I will use the Baby Shampoo tonight thanks for heads up on that.

Love  Jen xoxoxo

• Jenw
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Safarian

I was just thinking I might get my Husband to give me a No 2 all over, or just leave it,  I did have a lot of hair, put one of my hats on today WOW, when I go out to shops next must get a smaller sun hat. Thankyou for you reply. Plus I will pick up some sorbolene also, so thankyou for that advice.

Kind regard

Jenny

• NaturalBel
    NaturalBel Member Posts: 542
    edited March 2015
    Options

What a drama it was to lose my hair, the ladies on here were so supportive and by the time we shaved it off, I didnt care.  I held onto it until the sink filled up with hair as I brushed it!  The ladies have already covered the good advice.  I have been using Bio Oil too, or if you can get to a health shop some type of healthy oil is good.  All the best! XX Bel