Happy International Women's Day

Options
Maxine
Maxine Member Posts: 41
edited March 2013 in Community news and events

Dear friends,

Today is International Women's Day, and across the world thousands of events will be held to inspire women, celebrate achievements and reflect and take action where inequality still exists.

The 2013 theme is 'The Gender Agenda: Gaining Momentum’. Many women around the world do not enjoy the same opportunities or basic human rights that we do in Australia – access to basic hygiene, clean water, and personal safety – to name just a few. Sexual and gender-based violence remain massive problems around the world.

Today also allows us to celebrate progress that has been made towards equal rights for women. We celebrate the achievements of women, and look to the future for the changes that still need to be made both here in Australian and internationally.

Take the time to acknowledge and thank the women in your own lives that have supported and inspired you on your journey. We thank you, the women in our network, for being a constant source of inspiration to all that work here at BCNA. Thank you for so generously sharing your stories and experiences with us.

Today at the BCNA office we celebrated International Women's Day with a staff morning tea and shared stories about our experiences as women, both good and bad. We hope that you can take a moment today to reflect on your own achievements.

Happy International Women's Day!

Maxine

PS. you can find out more information on the International Women's Day website.

Comments

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I spent my day enjoying my family. My very busy daughter (mum wife and overworked Psychologist) said her day was made. 1. Two clients cancelled their appointments - giving her time to clear paperwork. 2. Two great looking fit guys with no shirts on ran passed her on the street (nice eye candy) and 3. I cooked dinner for her. To see my daughter a little less tired and a bit more happy was my reward for the day XLeonie
  • Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I spent my day enjoying my family. My very busy daughter (mum wife and overworked Psychologist) said her day was made. 1. Two clients cancelled their appointments - giving her time to clear paperwork. 2. Two great looking fit guys with no shirts on ran passed her on the street (nice eye candy) and 3. I cooked dinner for her. To see my daughter a little less tired and a bit more happy was my reward for the day XLeonie
  • Thea
    Thea Member Posts: 54
    edited March 2015
    Options

Sounds like you and your daughter both enjoyed a great International Woman's Day Leonie - and you're both very lucky to have such an amazing daughter, and mother! x