Barb

Options
Barb Draney
Barb Draney Member Posts: 4
edited October 2010 in Health and wellbeing

After having councelling for post-chemo depression (really bad depression) I decided to do some meditation or my style of mediation.  I wait til Saturday afternoon when husband Rod is playing golf, get comfortable on the couch (usually joined by mat cat, Casper!) burn some incesnse and listen to Enya on my IPod..It is so relaxing.  I can pray, just let my mind wander, think of our favourite holiday destination, Yamba in northern NSW or more often than not, fall asleep.  But it does help, whatever way you want to do it. 
Try it!!  It is very theraputic.

Love to you all

Barb

Comments

• Barb Draney
    Barb Draney Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2015
    Options

I have just hit my FIVE YEAR ALL CLEAR - Great News.  Also, over the last 18 months, I became the full time carer for my mum-in-law, who came to live with us after being diagnosed with terminal cancer.  Now she (Joyce) has passed away, I am looking for part time work.  I have always worked in Administration, mostly in Hospitals (Admission, Discharge, Pre-Admission Call Centre etc.).  I  thought this would be an easy task - NOT SO.  It seems that prospective employees do not regard my role as carer as a "job" and are therefore classing me as unemployed and I feel I am now unemployable.  This has caused my former depression to come back to haunt me BIG TIME and it is getting worsel.  If anyone has any advice, or contacts, I would certainly love to hear from you.  I have an up-to-date Resume ... ALL I NEED IS FOR SOMEONE TO GIVE ME A CHANCE - PLEASE.

Also, if there is anyone else out there in a similar situtation, please feel free to contact me - maybe we can put our heads together and come up with a solution.

Love and God Bless

Barb Draney