cancer is the pits

Options
FranP
FranP Member Posts: 396
edited March 2013 in Health and wellbeing

hi all sorry havent been online for a while had allot on my plate and havent been coping to well had to just step back for a while.  Jan 2nd My eldest son and his wife and two daughters moved to Spain for 3 yrs he is a Assistant diplomatic Naval attache . i miss them all awfully.

and then my girlfriend with ovarian cancer has been in and out of hospital trying different chemo's as a last attempt to beat the cancer.  so been supporting her abit.

but on thursaday the 8th she saw her doctor as he cancelled more chemo luckily i went to melb to visit her as she has been told it could be just weeks to just a few months if she is lucky. she is 62.. we cried and held each other and spent the day just being together i am going down again on wednesday to try and help with arrangements etc her sisters will be there and we are hoping she will be well enough to go out for lunch. she is in pain but patches are helping. and pal care is now also helping. 

it is just so cruel. and unfair . 

i know it is stupid and wrong but i feel bad that i am okay and she is dying she doesnt feel that she says she is wrapped i am doing well. but it still hurts. 

sorry to be a wet blanket. seems when ever i get on here its shit news. 

i hope everyone is well and i will try to have more possitive and happy news next time. love to all. Fran 

Comments

• FranP
    edited March 2015
    Options

thankyou  i just needed to have a bit of a sook. i am going to be with her again on wednesday and will visit as much as i can. and remember the happy times and hopefully have a few laughs for a little while, i know all i can do is be there for her. and i need to suck it up and toughen up. im okay now it was just so hard to see her so devistated and unable to give her hope. hope is everything and she knows its gone now.  the treatment isnt working her markers are rocketing and the tumors growing. she is so afraid of the pain. at least pal care has her on a pain resume and at the moment the patches etc are helping but still not 100%...thankyou Leonie and tonya we all seem to be loosing friends to this rotten crap desease,i too will be there for her family and will make sure her grand kids know how special she is. xxx  

• FranP
    edited March 2015
    Options

thankyou  i just needed to have a bit of a sook. i am going to be with her again on wednesday and will visit as much as i can. and remember the happy times and hopefully have a few laughs for a little while, i know all i can do is be there for her. and i need to suck it up and toughen up. im okay now it was just so hard to see her so devistated and unable to give her hope. hope is everything and she knows its gone now.  the treatment isnt working her markers are rocketing and the tumors growing. she is so afraid of the pain. at least pal care has her on a pain resume and at the moment the patches etc are helping but still not 100%...thankyou Leonie and tonya we all seem to be loosing friends to this rotten crap desease,i too will be there for her family and will make sure her grand kids know how special she is. xxx  

• FranP
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi again, have been up and down to Melbourne at least once a week to see my girlfriend . she is loosing heaps of weight and has pal care come once a week. she is coping well and the patches etc are keeping her pain at bay, we have been enjoying each others company and have a few laughs remembering all the stupid and funny things we have done. which is good. 

I don't know how much longer she has but we are grabbing as much girl time as we can. thanks for all the support when i got the sooks. brings me back to earth. xxx 

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options
    You are doing well girl- you will both have nice memories.My mum has just been diagnosed with cancer,following a gall bladder removal surgery.I have been up here in Lismore for a week now.I have benn staying at the hospital,nursing mum back to health so she can ironically come back to Sydney to die.She has been stuck up here looking after my sister's husband(brain cancer!)when she fell ill.Bloody cancer!!!!!                                   Tonya xx
  • FranP
    edited March 2015
    Options

Yep Tonya , it is cruel. just so much out there. unreal. love to you and your Mum

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

Sorry to hear about your mum Tonya.  I miss mine every day.  Love and cherish the time together. XLeonie