Who is attending? - Launceston Conference | March 2013

Options
pisces_tas
pisces_tas Member Posts: 474
edited February 2013 in Community news and events

Besides myself (pisces_tas) and Mandy Forteath (Mandy Forteath), are there any others from the online network going to the Breast Cancer Conference, at the Grand Chancellor, March the 16 and 17th, in Launceston, Tasmania?

I would be happy to catch up, just to say hello, etc. on here beforehand;  if not, may see you at the Conference.

I will be travelling in from Scottsdale, an hour away from Launceston.

I am going to the Cocktail Party on the Saturday night.

Kathy.

See more information about the conference: http://www.bcna.org.au/bcna/event/tasmanian-breast-cancer-conference

Comments

• Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Kathy,

A few BCNA staff will be heading down to Launceston to attending the conference. Maxine will speak on the morning of the first day, I will present in the afternoon on BCNA's website and online network and Marita and I will be on hand at the BCNA resource and merch table. So, please make sure you come and say....Hi :-)

• MaureenH
    MaureenH Member Posts: 17
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Kathy,

I am Maureen Holland, President of Tas Breast Cancer Network.

I look forward to meeting you at the conference.  We are planning a great time for everyone, with fun, entertainment, knowledge and up to date information for those who have travelled or travelling the Breast Cancer Journey.  I am 60 years young (I wish) and had B/C in 2008, with chemo, radiation etc.  All good since and hoping to stay that way.  I work part time in administration at Aged Care Deloraine and live on a farm about 15km from Deloraine.  Hope you are well and coping with all life throws at you.

Take care

Regards,

Maureen Holland

• dmed
    dmed Member Posts: 158
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I will be attending . Coming up from Hobart. Looking forward to it. There are a few ladies from my support group coming up as well. Looking forward to it.
  • pisces_tas
    edited March 2015
    Options

Maxine, Maureen, Daina, Deb ...I will look out for you.... Kathy Crawford.

• pisces_tas
    edited March 2015
    Options

Maxine, Maureen, Daina, Deb ...I will look out for you.... Kathy Crawford.

• dmed
    dmed Member Posts: 158
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Looking forward to coming up to Launceston. It will be 12 months on the 3 rd of April since my lumpectomy. I am now starting to feel a bit like my old self but still have days where this journey is hard . Will be good to be with others who understand. Thanks Deb
  • pisces_tas
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hello Jo,

I have written down names so hopefully we will meet up, aong with others from Tasmania.

Looks like a lot of effort and work has gone into making it a great conference.

Kathy.

• pisces_tas
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hello Jo,

I have written down names so hopefully we will meet up, aong with others from Tasmania.

Looks like a lot of effort and work has gone into making it a great conference.

Kathy.

• Daina_BCNA
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I didn't get to meet you Jo :-( I hope you had a good time.
  • Daina_BCNA
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Kathy, it was so lovely to meet you over the weekend! I hope you enjoyed yourself. Cheers Daina
  • Daina_BCNA
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Deb, it was great to meet you :-) so glad to see you uploaded up photo :-)
  • Daina_BCNA
    edited March 2015
    Options
    What a fantastic event Maureen! I hope you are all really proud of what you achieved!
  • Joanne1957
    Joanne1957 Member Posts: 35
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Diana,

I'm sorry I didnt get to meet you. I Ieft early on Saturday , as I had a wedding to attend. Sunday, i didn't stay for lunch, so missed you. A lot of great information. Enjoyed it very much.

Regards Jo
  • MaureenH
    MaureenH Member Posts: 17
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hello All,

It is wonderful to hear your comments on our conference.  We had a great time bringing it to you and we were so pleased with how it turned out.  So many beautiful women attending.  I think we tend to have a glow about us...

Guess we are special aren't we.

Thank you all so much for attending and I hope you gained some information, fun, friends and lots of support from the event.

Please feel free to contact me.

Regards

Maureen Holland