Dunalley breast cancer ladies

Options
Custard
Custard Member Posts: 417
edited January 2013 in Health and wellbeing

Hi

we at Tasmanian Breast Cancer Network are wondering if any ladies have been affected by the Tassie fires and could do with some help from us?

Let me know, we are thinking of everyone in the areas so badly damaged and those who are left with so little.

Comments

• Leonie Moore
    Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
    edited March 2015
    Options

I like the way you think.  XLeonie

• Custard
    edited March 2015
    Options

Ooh thanks Magicmum! We would love to assist anyone in need.

By the way are you coming to our satte conference? It is free and here is the program:Day 1– Saturday 16 March 2013

9.30am  Registrations open – morning tea available

10.00am “Flowing story” from our women leading on to Welcome by TBCN President- and housekeeping

10.15am             Keynote Address-                                                       “The Ongoing Journey” Maxine Morand

10.30am            Dr Nirmala Pathmanathan             Westmead Breast Cancer Centre             Pathologist

11.15am Morning Tea

11.45am Dr Maria Popa Plastic Surgeon

12.15pm Medical Tattoos  Janet Manley

12.30pm  Pink Tank– Panel of previous speakers            to answer questions

1.00pm Lunch

2.00pm Dr Richard de Boer Oncologist

2.40pm Dr Jo Burke  Genetics

3.15pm Pink Tank– Panel of afternoon session             speakers to answer questions

3.45pm Afternoon tea

4.30pm BCNA navigating the website Daina                            Jones

5.00pm Questions to BCNA network manager

5.30pm Silent Walk to Mini Field of Women

5.45pm Mini Field of Women followed by             buses to mystery venue Marita O’Keefe

6.15p.m.-9.30pm Party time with partners

Day 2—Sunday 17 March 2013

9.30am               Tea and coffee available

10.00am            My swollen arm -what's happened                  to my lymphatics and what can I do?                  Professor Neil Piller

11.00am            Body Image and Sexuality.                                           Karen Campbell

12.00pm   Healing Through Breath and Body Awareness— Martina Hughes

12.15pm Dr Debra Meerkotter- Radiology

12.30pm Reach to Recovery. Maureen        Holland –film– join tbcn etc

1.00pm Tank Panel of previous speakers to answer questions

1.30pm Close    and      Lunch

......you will meet heaps of ladies and learn lots. See our registration web page tasbreastcancerconference.eventbrite.com.au . Cheers, Mandy

• magicmum
    magicmum Member Posts: 285
    edited March 2015
    Options

I saw the conference and would love to come. I am working that weekend and I need to be careful not to overextend myself. I get tired easily ! I am very interested in the Sat prgoram so perhaps I could just come to that day. I would have to leave after the Mini Field.

It looks fascinating and it would be great to meet some other ladies in the same boat.

thanks

magicmum

• magicmum
    magicmum Member Posts: 285
    edited March 2015
    Options

Just looked it up - can't come as it's Launceston and work will keep me in Hobart. I wish you the best of success with it.

magicmum

• Custard
    edited March 2015
    Options

But I know BCNA will hold something similar in Hobart in the future. Take special care, Mandy

• Leonie Moore
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Mandy,  I would be very interested in getting a copy or some notes on the presentation that Professor Neil Piller presents on Lymphatics. XLeonie

• Leonie Moore
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Mandy,  I would be very interested in getting a copy or some notes on the presentation that Professor Neil Piller presents on Lymphatics. XLeonie

• Custard
    edited March 2015
    Options

Sure Leonie, he always does a fabulous presentation. He comes to Tassie every year and helped set up the Lymphodema Centre in Tassie. He is pro-active in his talks and gets us all up to wriggle around, it is fun. XMandy