Did Leanne's story resonate with you?

Options
Jeanie
Jeanie Member Posts: 19
edited December 2012 in Community news and events

Hi all,

I just wanted to tell you that the latest issue of The Beacon is now available to download and focuses on keeping active. It features some great advice about exercise and healthy eating, as well as stories from women about how and why they keep active.

BCNA understands that not everyone feels empowered and changed for the better after a diagnosis of breast cancer. So we have included a story by Leanne (page 11, ‘From the Heart’) who bravely wrote in and admitted that nothing about her diagnosis has made her feel special or inspirational.

Her story has struck a chord with a lot of our readers and we’ve already received emails and calls from women letting us know they relate to Leanne’s story.

Have you read Leanne’s story?

Did it resonate with you?

Comments

• Jeanie
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks for sharing Mich! It's great to hear that conference was such a turning point for you.

In the next couple of issues of The Beacon we're focusing on inner strength and body matters, which both seem relevant to your experience. If you'd like to share your story about either topic, please email it to beacon@bcna.org.au.

All the best Mich!

Jeanie

• Jeanie
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks for sharing Mich! It's great to hear that conference was such a turning point for you.

In the next couple of issues of The Beacon we're focusing on inner strength and body matters, which both seem relevant to your experience. If you'd like to share your story about either topic, please email it to beacon@bcna.org.au.

All the best Mich!

Jeanie

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Jeanie

I might just do that :-)

Mich xoxo

• Jeanie
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Kathleen

So pleased to hear that you've found a support group to help you with some of the emotional stuff.

I hope you have a lovely Christmas as well, and I'll send you Leanne's email address so you can contact her.

Jeanie

• KathleenT
    KathleenT Member Posts: 116
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks Jeanie, so much! That would be great!
    Kind regards
    Kathleen
  • Jeanie
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks so much for sharing your lovely message to Leanne, Alexandrea. I have been passing on each reponse to her and will include yours when I next email her.

All the best,

Jeanie