Receptor Status

Options
Charzy
Charzy Member Posts: 17
edited November 2012 in Day to day

Friday I recieved the news that the cancers are oestrogen & progesterone positive & HER2 Negative.

Dont worry if you dont understand this-- it is very confusing but I basically think this means that they know how to treat this cancer - ie with Tamoxifen which apart from making me grow fat hairy & close up my vagina will stop any lose tumour cells from sprouting up.

The confusing thing is that although it is low grade I still have a metastasis in my Lympth node under the arm - so next stop is the oncologist to assess if there is any benefit to chemotherapy.

In the meantime I am able to do a bit more day by day .....though I have a tendancy to over do it & then end up emotional in pain & tired at the end of the day.

Emotionally Im a bit fragile one minute tearing up , then having a laugh at something then have bursts of anger at absolutely trivial things.

I feel a great loss of identity - like a big blob just laying on the couch not contributing to the world !

Also am seeing a councellor at the cancer foundation this week & my first visit with a GP !

So the agony continues - I just want it gone & my life back .Oh to  be well again! I want to start having fun again -- I want to be able to plan ahead --- November has been the longest month in my whole life.

Yes that is a bit of a winge ! Sorry for that -  but will end on a positive note. Again without all your love & support my life would be even worse than it is right now so THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU xxxx

Comments

• Shin
    Shin Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hang in there Char xxoo