BCNA Perth Forum

Options
Al
Al Member Posts: 325
edited November 2012 in Community news and events

Hi all you wonderful and amazing pink ladies. I felt privileged to have been invited to the Perth Forum last Thursday. Wow! What a fantastic day. So many warm and like minded people who were all willing to share their stories. There were tears, much laughter and above all fabulous support. I went along knowing no one and came away so much richer and with some new friends.

Many thanks to the wonderful BCNA staff both in
Perth and over east. It was truly a memorable event for me. Keep doing the wonderful job you are doing. You certainly have been my saviour and my major support.

By the way I am travelling very well. I finished Herceptin in September and my next appointment is with the radiologist in January. I feel so good apart from a few issues with aching muscles each day ( Tamoxifen?) I am going to look into some swimming/aquaerobics or something different to try and manage these. Any other tips? The hot flushes are under control and are not too bad.

Keep in touch lovely ladies. You are all amazing and I think of you often.

Take care,

Alison xxxxxx

Comments

• pisces_tas
    pisces_tas Member Posts: 474
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Al,  so glad you enjoyed the Perth Forum.

I went to one in Tasmania some years ago. It was a day Forum. This time it is over two days..Saturday and sunday in March, 2013.   I may travel in or stay the night in the city on the Saturday, and attend the Dinner.

If anyone is attending from the mainland, we may catch up.

The weather should be good at this time of year in Tasmania !

Kathy.

• pisces_tas
    pisces_tas Member Posts: 474
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Al,  so glad you enjoyed the Perth Forum.

I went to one in Tasmania some years ago. It was a day Forum. This time it is over two days..Saturday and sunday in March, 2013.   I may travel in or stay the night in the city on the Saturday, and attend the Dinner.

If anyone is attending from the mainland, we may catch up.

The weather should be good at this time of year in Tasmania !

Kathy.