anette

Options
anette
anette Member Posts: 1
edited November 2012 in Day to day

Five years ago I had bad bowel cancer and a phelodis tumer in my breast with a few cancer cells in the middle of the non malignant tumer. Recently I had lots of blockages in my digestive system and it was found I had breast cancer all over my bowel. I am on oral chemo called xeloda and see my oncologist every 3 months. I have lots of side effects and just feel I have no support.

Comments

• Pamelamary
    Pamelamary Member Posts: 240
    edited March 2015
    Options

Anette, I am so sorry to hear your news. You should be able to get help with the side-effects of Xeloda - be pushy and make your oncologist aware of your problems. You shouldn't have to wait 3 months before discussing it!

There is good support available through this site - lots of women in similar situations. You can also access "real" support groups, depending on where you live. Reach out - there is help and understanding out there.

Best wishes..... Pam

• Pamelamary
    Pamelamary Member Posts: 240
    edited March 2015
    Options

Anette, I am so sorry to hear your news. You should be able to get help with the side-effects of Xeloda - be pushy and make your oncologist aware of your problems. You shouldn't have to wait 3 months before discussing it!

There is good support available through this site - lots of women in similar situations. You can also access "real" support groups, depending on where you live. Reach out - there is help and understanding out there.

Best wishes..... Pam

• MandaMoo
    MandaMoo Member Posts: 500
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Sorry to hear your news Anette - I see my onc every three weeks. Xeloda can be hard to handle. I was on it for 5 months with tykerb - are your se's gastro or skin? What is your xeloda dosage? Might be able to help with managing the side effects.
    Amanda