Spring Lambs

Options
Anna-Marie
Anna-Marie Member Posts: 15
edited November 2012 in Day to day

I’ve recently spent a relaxing week camping at Armidale overlooking a paddock of ewes and spring lambs. Watching the cute frolicking lambs brought to mind the 23rd Psalm, which you may be familiar with.

It begins, “The Lord is my Shepherd...” and goes on to say that like a shepherd caring for his flock God looks after me. He provides everything I need for every situation I face. He shows me the right way to live.

He remains a constant companion in my suffering (...the valley of the shadow of death...) so when I am needy and fearful I can turn my eyes to my Shepherd like God who cares tenderly for me.

Not just as a distant unfeeling spectator but as a close and personal friend, offering strength and comfort in my time of need, bringing restoration to my hurting soul. He shows me that even in the midst of great suffering and heartache He will show me His goodness and love.  As if this isn’t enough, He promises that because I have put my trust in Him I will have spiritual life with Him after my physical death. (...I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever...)

I would love to hear from you if you would like to chat about this wonderful truth.

Comments

• annz53
    annz53 Member Posts: 69
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Anna-Marie,

When I was first diagnosed 07/03/2012 and looked death in the face I was not afraid of cancer killing me because of my faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and knowing that He has gone to prepare a place for me.

I was afraid of leaving my husband alone though.  But he too believes in Jesus and together with God we got through the surgery, chemo and have just finished radiation. As I am Triple Negative there are no tablets for me to take. This chapter of my life is now complete.

I have to have a mammagram in the new year and see the oncologist and would be telling a lie if I said I was not worried.

Although I do not know what the future holds I do, however, know who holds the future (Jesus) and therefore I won't be facing the future alone. He will be there at my side, just like He was through the previous chapter.

And so my new chapter begins :)

To all those just starting out know that you do not have to do this alone. Those on this network are here for you and so to is Jesus Christ.

To those just finishing treatment, like me, all the best with what your future  holds.  Ann

• Anna-Marie
    Anna-Marie Member Posts: 15
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Ann

Last week I had a scan for my liver due to abnormal liver function tests. It was a scary day as I fasted for the test and tried to distract myself. I talked to God alot throughout the day as the fear bubbled up. I too am not afraid of dying but like you dont want to leave my darling husband and gorgeous kids. I know I can entrust them to His loving care. I am thankful for the blessing of such a loving family and dont want to leave them! The test came back as a mild fatty liver. Yay for fatty livers!!I celebrated with a cinnamon donut!! I know that I am at risk for getting cancer again but just have to trust in the Lord for that if it happens. Doesnt matter what trouble comes our way our God is bigger than it!

So glad your treatment is over and I wish you well as you start to recover and regain strength. I'll pray that you can use this journey to be a comfort and encouragement to others as you seek to be His light in this dark world.

Praise be to God the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort that we ourselves have recived from God. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Your sister in Jesus,

Anna-Marie