Wig Shopping

Options
2»

Comments

• grover
    grover Member Posts: 14
    edited March 2015
    Options

hi, sounds like you've had fun selecting your wigs.. my friend bought my mannquin head from the $2 shop i/ve noticed they sell them in red dot too for a couple of dollars, they are well worth buying, especially after you have washed the wig, it keeps its shape.

take care

kathy

• louiseg
    louiseg Member Posts: 412
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks for the info Kaz.....I don't normally do Melbourne Cup lunches (although I would love to!) cause most of my friends aren't too interested and many of them work full-time so they can't get time off.  Do you know if Chrissie has a website to look at the range that she covers though?  I wouldn't mind having a look if they are online.

You're right about the purple fro!  I hadn't thought of halloween!! When you look at wigs on the net there are so many funny ones I sometimes feel like ordering one and then dressing up really nicely for hubby and putting the funny wig on (but acting really serious!!) LOL  Can you imagine the look on his face!!!!!

I'd love to live as long as your grandma too.  I subscribe to the theory that you slide into your grave shouting Yahoo, What a Ride after taking life with a pinch of salt, a shot of tequila in one hand and a slice of lime in the other!!

Take care,

Louise :)

• Celbird
    Celbird Member Posts: 680
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey ladies, i was just reading this thread, and having a chuckle! I bought  a lovely brand new wig and luckily I only ended up paying $20 for it (it was subsidised by the hospital) because I never ended up wearing it! It looked lovely on but was way too itchy and hot for me cos I had my chemo throughout summer. I was also always terrified that it'd fly off in the wind in the supermarket car park!..Lol! When I bought the wig, I really thought I'd hate being bald, but to be honest, I actually didn't mind it at all! Infact a lot of the time I had good fun with it...shocking people and seeing their reactions as they looked and then looked again! It was really funny! I went to a Look Good Feel Better workshop too and volunteered to be the 'model' for all the head wear. It was great to get to try on all the hats etc and have a laugh with a lovely bunch of ladies! In the end I made myself a lot of head wear...nice light cotton 'caps' and head scarves for summer and they did me just fine. I had real trouble finding nice looking, reasonably priced head wear for the hot weather, so I resurrected the old sewing machine, got some patterns from Spotlight and made some cheap and attractive head wear! Celeste x

• Celbird
    Celbird Member Posts: 680
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey ladies, i was just reading this thread, and having a chuckle! I bought  a lovely brand new wig and luckily I only ended up paying $20 for it (it was subsidised by the hospital) because I never ended up wearing it! It looked lovely on but was way too itchy and hot for me cos I had my chemo throughout summer. I was also always terrified that it'd fly off in the wind in the supermarket car park!..Lol! When I bought the wig, I really thought I'd hate being bald, but to be honest, I actually didn't mind it at all! Infact a lot of the time I had good fun with it...shocking people and seeing their reactions as they looked and then looked again! It was really funny! I went to a Look Good Feel Better workshop too and volunteered to be the 'model' for all the head wear. It was great to get to try on all the hats etc and have a laugh with a lovely bunch of ladies! In the end I made myself a lot of head wear...nice light cotton 'caps' and head scarves for summer and they did me just fine. I had real trouble finding nice looking, reasonably priced head wear for the hot weather, so I resurrected the old sewing machine, got some patterns from Spotlight and made some cheap and attractive head wear! Celeste x

• gabrielle b
    gabrielle b Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    Options

hi Louise

Chrissie's website is www.gotchacoveredhats.com.au

Best of luck

Gabrielle

• louiseg
    louiseg Member Posts: 412
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Gabrielle but I'm now 3 yrs post chemo and have my own hair back.  It might be a useful link for others though! :)