Ride To Conquer Cancer-Oct 13-14th 2012

Options
Anne Maree
Anne Maree Member Posts: 173
edited November 2012 in Health and wellbeing

Just recently completed 200km over 2 days in sydney on bike ride to conquer cancer. Joined the ride 2 months earlier and started the training bit by bit until could ride 70km in one day which was a lot for me considering still experiencing up and down patches of wellness. All up I was able to do 700 km in those 2 months which was a great achievement for me.  5,500.00 was raised. The funds went to the New Life House in Sydney which is to promote Holistic Care.

I had wonderful support on the ride with one lady committing to ride the whole distance with me. I am hoping my health continues to improve or at least hold and complete further such events in the future.

Peter my son who is just 12 cant wait until he is 16 to ride with me. I look forward in hope to that day.

My team Lilly whom I rode with gave me my bike as a gift. I am now moving on to keeping up the riding and joining a cycle club. Sunshine,company and exercise all at once.

Fantastic experience all round and was also spoilt with in house massage after the event as a gift from friend.