Im awake

Options
NaturalBel
NaturalBel Member Posts: 542
edited November 2012 in Day to day

Well it has been 6 days since the trip into the hospital and Im onto my third novel.  I am surprised at how well the first part has gone, not much pain and just chillin at home.  I really hate sleeping on my back and would kill for a massage. I am hoping the weather behaves so I can carry my boobs up the road again.  What do you do without being able to wear a bra, Im a size f "Fuge". The other thing that is driving me made is my hair, I need to wash it.  So I will tackle that in the shower today, may even get out my hairdressing scissors and cut some of it off.  I assume I cant wear deodorant under my right arm where the wounds are.  Wow does that stink - how I hate BO ! The Appointment for results is tomorrow midday.  Please give me a break, I want good news.....

Comments

• atashi
    atashi Member Posts: 29
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Bel

I took a packet of Aloe vera wipes into Hosp with me and they did come in very handy. I know the feeling well of  just not being able to shower yet wanting to feel 'clean' so used the wipes instead. Not as good as a shower but did make me feel better. Also used sorbolene & goats milk cream after to moisturise as the air was just so drying . . . up to you. Just do what you have to do in order to make yourself feel better and keep positive. 

Also I bought a bolster type pillow to 'prop' my arm up when in bed - again, whatever helps you. I think its a 'cush'? Very soft & squishy and doesn't hurt the scar. 

Again, good luck, keep postive & enjoy every day :)

• atashi
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Bel

I took a packet of Aloe vera wipes into Hosp with me and they did come in very handy. I know the feeling well of  just not being able to shower yet wanting to feel 'clean' so used the wipes instead. Not as good as a shower but did make me feel better. Also used sorbolene & goats milk cream after to moisturise as the air was just so drying . . . up to you. Just do what you have to do in order to make yourself feel better and keep positive. 

Also I bought a bolster type pillow to 'prop' my arm up when in bed - again, whatever helps you. I think its a 'cush'? Very soft & squishy and doesn't hurt the scar. 

Again, good luck, keep postive & enjoy every day :)

• Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
    edited March 2015
    Options

If you feel up to it Belinda and the weather behaves maybe make an appointment at your hairdresser and have them wash and blow dry your hair! I best it will make you feel a little better  :-)

• atashi
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Bel,

Great idea re the massage but my Massage Therapist said she wouldn't do a massage [after any surgery] unless I had a note from the Dr/Oncologist saying that it was ok - usually a few weeks after surgery. Maybe a good idea to check with the Dr just to be sure but a wonderful idea as I felt so relaxed and more 'normal'. 

For me, anything that was 'normal' [not Hospital related] was great ; going for a coffee with friends, chatting about everyday things etc whatever you like. This is really when you need to keep your friends close, on-line as well as those who live around the corner!

Take care, look after yourself :)

• bmc
    bmc Member Posts: 49
    edited March 2015
    Options

I should have said in my post that my surgeon recommended massage and the "no referral" comment meant I didn't claim off my health insurance, instead adding the cost to my last tax return. I am sorry if I gave a wrong impression with my retelling of my experience.

I also used a physiotherapy practice, mainly because of the intensive training and experience that physios have to undertake to become registered.

Good wishes to everyone.

• bmc
    bmc Member Posts: 49
    edited March 2015
    Options

I should have said in my post that my surgeon recommended massage and the "no referral" comment meant I didn't claim off my health insurance, instead adding the cost to my last tax return. I am sorry if I gave a wrong impression with my retelling of my experience.

I also used a physiotherapy practice, mainly because of the intensive training and experience that physios have to undertake to become registered.

Good wishes to everyone.

• NaturalBel
    NaturalBel Member Posts: 542
    edited March 2015
    Options

After returning from my visit to the doctor I got a phone call from a Physio.  Unfortunately the appointment would clash with my coming out of hospital, now I have to go back for a second "Slice and Dice" under my arm and have the Port put in for the chemo.  oh well, such is life.....

But cant wait for the massage!

(smiles)

XX Bel