Effervescent Easties

Options
Tracey_Lou
Tracey_Lou Member Posts: 23
edited November 2012 in Day to day

Hi Girls how are you all??

I have never actually "blogged" before so not sure exactly what I am doing...........

Anyway I thought I would just say "Hi" and say that I am really looking forward to meeting with you all and having a good chat and a laugh, Helen if your hair is still as your picture then we definately stand out as I have dyed mine dark purple :-) I decided that now that it is growing back and long enough for me to feel confident enough to go out in public without a hat/scarf I would color it my favourite color, though I don't have enough courage to go bright purple so dark purple it is.

I had some good news a couple of weeks back when my oncologist said I could come off my chemo drug (abraxaine) for a while because my tumor markers are low, I will still be having Herceptin once every 3 weeks as maintenance but thats better than chemo every week. So at the moment I am having more days of feeling good and not the tired and nauseated days I have when on chemo. Mind you I have only been off it for one week.............

Well hope this finds you all well and that we can meet up soon

Tracey xoxoxo

Comments

• adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    edited March 2015
    Options

hi tracey adean here,

Yes cant wait for our meeting im terrified we will all be quite out of control, I will hopefully catch up with helen this week and then we will be in touch with you , I know helen has been very busy with her funraiser, I myself will have my final radiation Wednesday YEH unfortunately I have the worst burns and have the most amazing padded dressings I look like a warrior with a breast plate on .glad to hear your doing well .                             Adean xxxxxx

• adean
    edited March 2015
    Options

hi tracey adean here,

Yes cant wait for our meeting im terrified we will all be quite out of control, I will hopefully catch up with helen this week and then we will be in touch with you , I know helen has been very busy with her funraiser, I myself will have my final radiation Wednesday YEH unfortunately I have the worst burns and have the most amazing padded dressings I look like a warrior with a breast plate on .glad to hear your doing well .                             Adean xxxxxx

• jandy23
    jandy23 Member Posts: 234
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Tracey and Adean,

Great to hear you've had some good news Tracey. I've been keeping my fingers crossed that you're staying well.

Adean we seem to be at about that same stage with our radiation therapy. I finish mine on Tuesday. Have you been going to Peter Mac at Box Hill? I guess I've been lucky in that my skin has held up pretty well. It's a bit red and purplish around the edges and a little itchy. I do feel quite tired though so I am really looking foward to the end and getting my energy back again.

I too am looking forward to meeting the other easties. Hope to catch up soon. Janet. :)

• jandy23
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Tracey and Adean,

Great to hear you've had some good news Tracey. I've been keeping my fingers crossed that you're staying well.

Adean we seem to be at about that same stage with our radiation therapy. I finish mine on Tuesday. Have you been going to Peter Mac at Box Hill? I guess I've been lucky in that my skin has held up pretty well. It's a bit red and purplish around the edges and a little itchy. I do feel quite tired though so I am really looking foward to the end and getting my energy back again.

I too am looking forward to meeting the other easties. Hope to catch up soon. Janet. :)

• adean
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi janet , yes Ive been going to boxhill peter mac I usually have a 8 or 830 app and then of to work I was fine till last week then the burns came overnight apparenly my big saggy  boobs have not helped  joy oh joy,but I have not had the fatigue at all Its probably cause I have no brain ! Although the nurse said wait for the next 2 weeks when the radiation peaks post finishing it can hit you then .                                             Cannot wait to meet all you ladies adean

• helen anne
    helen anne Member Posts: 265
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Tracey, Adean and Janet

Hope this finds all of you well.

I'm so glad you've blogged Tracey...welcome!  It's not too hard to blog is it.....it's just like talking except typing!

Adean's right...I have been terribly busy with the fundraiser.  You see I'm holding a trivia night in a couple of weeks time to say thanks to the Oncology ward for all their care.  I had a pretty rough time of it, (and I know everyone does...but I had a very rare bc and was born with a very rare condition which made treatment difficult) lots of complications and a total of nearly 6 months as an inpatient so I felt I wanted to give something back to them. I also couldn't believe the fact that you couldn't get two pillows unless you were REALLY sick (and I mean really bad) because of a lack of pillows - I mean such an essential item and the poor hospital hasn't got enough in the Oncology ward for God's sake!  So I decided to raise some funds for them. Such is life when you're a public hospital - I should know - ironically I worked there for over 3 yrs for the CEO of Eastern Health (located at Box Hill Hospital).  Little did I know that I would end up being a patient!

Ironically I also worked at Peter Mac - where most of you (not sure about you Tracey?) have had your radiation....and although the girls from there visited me a lot at Box Hill, due to this rare condition I was born with - I actually couldn't have radiation...I wouldn't have survived it.

So I have organised this huge fundraiser...a really fun trivia night with lots of surprises and a Christmas theme.  It's going to be held at the Box Hill Community Arts Centre....in the large room there - The Arbour Room.  I even have a professional Event Management Company on board and I'm slowly getting prizes together.

I've even had one of the ladies I've met on this site organise her card making group make up a package of chrissy cards for me to sell - thanks Joy!  People are really amazing aren't they!

So I thought if you wouldn't mind indulging me on this one....why don't we could get together as a group shortly after the fundraiser - which is on Nov 17th (only two weeks ago).

Hopefully everyone will be feeling good and we can have a great day together.

Let me know your thoughts on this - where you'd like to go and if you'd prefer lunch or dinner or just drinks....entirely up to you guys - I'm up for anything!!! LOL!

You are also very welcome to come to the fundraiser if you wish too...if you would like to (and no hassles if you don't) just let me know and I'll give you the proper details.

I look forward to hearing from you :)

• helen anne
    helen anne Member Posts: 265
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Tracey, Adean and Janet

Hope this finds all of you well.

I'm so glad you've blogged Tracey...welcome!  It's not too hard to blog is it.....it's just like talking except typing!

Adean's right...I have been terribly busy with the fundraiser.  You see I'm holding a trivia night in a couple of weeks time to say thanks to the Oncology ward for all their care.  I had a pretty rough time of it, (and I know everyone does...but I had a very rare bc and was born with a very rare condition which made treatment difficult) lots of complications and a total of nearly 6 months as an inpatient so I felt I wanted to give something back to them. I also couldn't believe the fact that you couldn't get two pillows unless you were REALLY sick (and I mean really bad) because of a lack of pillows - I mean such an essential item and the poor hospital hasn't got enough in the Oncology ward for God's sake!  So I decided to raise some funds for them. Such is life when you're a public hospital - I should know - ironically I worked there for over 3 yrs for the CEO of Eastern Health (located at Box Hill Hospital).  Little did I know that I would end up being a patient!

Ironically I also worked at Peter Mac - where most of you (not sure about you Tracey?) have had your radiation....and although the girls from there visited me a lot at Box Hill, due to this rare condition I was born with - I actually couldn't have radiation...I wouldn't have survived it.

So I have organised this huge fundraiser...a really fun trivia night with lots of surprises and a Christmas theme.  It's going to be held at the Box Hill Community Arts Centre....in the large room there - The Arbour Room.  I even have a professional Event Management Company on board and I'm slowly getting prizes together.

I've even had one of the ladies I've met on this site organise her card making group make up a package of chrissy cards for me to sell - thanks Joy!  People are really amazing aren't they!

So I thought if you wouldn't mind indulging me on this one....why don't we could get together as a group shortly after the fundraiser - which is on Nov 17th (only two weeks ago).

Hopefully everyone will be feeling good and we can have a great day together.

Let me know your thoughts on this - where you'd like to go and if you'd prefer lunch or dinner or just drinks....entirely up to you guys - I'm up for anything!!! LOL!

You are also very welcome to come to the fundraiser if you wish too...if you would like to (and no hassles if you don't) just let me know and I'll give you the proper details.

I look forward to hearing from you :)

• jandy23
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Helen,

I'm happy to do whatever others would like in terms of getting together. I am lucky to not be working at the moment so it's probably easier for me to fit in around others with a time and date. Sorry I can't make the fundraiser as I am going to a friends hens' night on Nov 17. (We're going to drink champagne and draw naked men, would you believe!)  I hope the fundraiser goes off spectacularly well. Can't believe the hospital doesn't have enough pillows - that is ridiculous! I would love to make a small donation to the cause.

Adean, I've been having my treatments around 1.30 most days. Second last one today, yay! Hope you heal up soon. It feels good to know we're almost finished, doesn't it.

See you all soon,

Janet.

• jandy23
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Helen,

I'm happy to do whatever others would like in terms of getting together. I am lucky to not be working at the moment so it's probably easier for me to fit in around others with a time and date. Sorry I can't make the fundraiser as I am going to a friends hens' night on Nov 17. (We're going to drink champagne and draw naked men, would you believe!)  I hope the fundraiser goes off spectacularly well. Can't believe the hospital doesn't have enough pillows - that is ridiculous! I would love to make a small donation to the cause.

Adean, I've been having my treatments around 1.30 most days. Second last one today, yay! Hope you heal up soon. It feels good to know we're almost finished, doesn't it.

See you all soon,

Janet.