Inspiring ladies!

Options
Luscious1975
Luscious1975 Member Posts: 2
edited October 2012 in Day to day
Hi there
What a positive group full of inspiring ladies with great tips and advice!
I thought I would just say hi since I just joined and woke up at 2am with steroid induced insomnia. I am about to have chemo treatment 5/6 today so that tunnel has light at the end of it! From there it will be surgery in early Dec (mastectomy) then radiation and reconstruction. I will end up with a double mastectomy as I am a high risk brca2 fault carrier. I haven't met anyone else with brca2 yet so would be interested! Also triple neg.
Oh, personally I think I am doing fairly well so far with the support of a wonderful husband, laughter of a 2 year old and great family and friends.
Take care all and I hope you are doing well.

Comments

• sillysam83
    sillysam83 Member Posts: 378
    edited March 2015
    Options

Im not BRCA positive. but thought i'd reply anyway. 

Have you heard of Pink Hope? 

www.pinkhope.org.au 

This organisation is for people with high risk of breast/ovarian cancer. Mostly BRCA positive ladies. You might find some answers there. 

I know a few ladies with BRCA2 in my support group for young women in facebook land lol... if your interested let me know and i can send you an invite to join that group. 

Well done at nearly finishing Chemo... Not long now! I think having a double mastectomy is a smart move for you. Do you know what Recon you will have?

• Deb001
    Deb001 Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi. I'm BRCA 2 positive, just had a bilateral mastectomy, going through chemo and will get my implants after that. Ovaries removed sometime next yr

I opted for skin-saving mastectomy with chest expanders and then implants get put in several months later (chest expanders are like temporary implants helping the chest muscle to expand).

I went for implants due to:

- not wanting the recovery time of flaps

- great result when finished - the breasts are perfect and pert!

- having insufficient tummy to make anything substantial

Even after 5 weeks after surgery - my breasts look fab. Minimal scars, great cleavage. Couldn't be happier!

• Deb001
    Deb001 Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi. I'm BRCA 2 positive, just had a bilateral mastectomy, going through chemo and will get my implants after that. Ovaries removed sometime next yr

I opted for skin-saving mastectomy with chest expanders and then implants get put in several months later (chest expanders are like temporary implants helping the chest muscle to expand).

I went for implants due to:

- not wanting the recovery time of flaps

- great result when finished - the breasts are perfect and pert!

- having insufficient tummy to make anything substantial

Even after 5 weeks after surgery - my breasts look fab. Minimal scars, great cleavage. Couldn't be happier!