What a day

Options
marls40
marls40 Member Posts: 71
edited October 2012 in Day to day

Today the Waratah BCSG held its Mini-Field of Women on the lawn in front of our local Hospital.

The incredible nurses from our oncology department do all the work, all we do is turn up and a couple of us speak.

We followed the Mini-Field of Women with a garden party in the home of our group's councellor.

I then returned to oncology to have my monthly Zometa - A full day but so rewarding.

A member from our young womens group shared with me that she had loved a comment I had made earlier in the day. My comment was that if felt wonderful after nearly 20 years of being the local face of breast cancer to finally hand it on to a new group of women. She found the fact, that nearly 20 years had past, an enormous positive.

Comments

• Keryn
    Keryn Member Posts: 107
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi, Im glad you had a great day.  I only found out about it Tuesday as there was a piece in the newspaper and I was busy so couldnt attend but my thoughts were with you all.  I was very happy to see you all on the tv last night and was thrilled with the coverage they gave you.

• helen anne
    helen anne Member Posts: 265
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi marls40

I'm glad your Mini fields went well.  I'm going to do one next year as I have only recently finished treatment I'm still a bit tired.

I'm going to hold mine in the park across the road from the Hospital where I was treated and I hope I can get lots to attend.

Congrats!

cheers

Luv H

• marls40
    edited March 2015
    Options

so happy with the media we received from win tv
    and gippsland times

Have had a a couple of weeks dealing with the media re the recent fire
    and the upside is that i now have a contact at win who is happy for me to contact him re local news
    outcome is win attended our fow
    In the past it has been an uphill battle to get any media

Helen hopefully u will be up and about next year to hold your own field

• marls40
    edited March 2015
    Options

and gippsland times

and the upside is that i now have a contact at win who is happy for me to contact him re local news

• marls40
    edited March 2015
    Options

and gippsland times

• Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
    edited March 2015
    Options

Oh that's a shame Keryn, it would have been good to attend. You will have to get Marlene to include you on an invite list for next years event. :-)