New BCNA breast cancer & exercise booklet!

Options
Annie Gayed
Annie Gayed Member Posts: 204
edited October 2012 in Health and wellbeing

Hi all,

A while back I noticed a few of you were blogging about exercise after your diagnosis.

I thought I would let you know that BCNA has just launched our new Breast Cancer and Exercise booklet for women. It aims to help you incorporate exercise in your day-to-day lives, and includes practical tips to help you stay motivated, writing exercises to help you set personal goals, and an exercise diary to keep track of your progress. There is also information about maintaining a healthy diet and weight loss.

You can order a free copy through our online shop or by giving us a call on 1800 500 258. You can also download a copy from the fact sheet and booklet page of our website.

I hope you like the booklet! I would love to hear feedback if you have any – just comment on this blog post or send me an email at policy@bcna.org.au.

Cheers
Annie

Comments

• Custard
    Custard Member Posts: 417
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks to BCNA for this- definitely useful.

• Dancing with Ned 2002
    Dancing with Ned 2002 Member Posts: 51
    edited March 2015
    Options

Great to have some information available I'm sure it'll be a valuable resource to all.

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

My favourite page is page 12, where I get to write down a long-term exercise goal and A REWARD when I get there! (I suspect there will be cake involved ;)

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

My favourite page is page 12, where I get to write down a long-term exercise goal and A REWARD when I get there! (I suspect there will be cake involved ;)

• Custard
    Custard Member Posts: 417
    edited March 2015
    Options

Ha ha Di, we could start a blog on what treats we would put as Number one! Chocolate would be mine. :)

• debbie at varsity
    debbie at varsity Member Posts: 15
    edited March 2015
    Options

I have just found the exercise booklet last night while reading BCNA website, I have now downloaded it.  I love it, and found it inspirational. Thanks for bringing such a wonderful book out, I hope it helps us all going thru chemo which I am right now, I would like to keep my weight down not up, as the older you are the harder it gets to lose unwanted kilos. Great job thanks for producing this exercise book.

Debbie.

• debbie at varsity
    debbie at varsity Member Posts: 15
    edited March 2015
    Options

I have just found the exercise booklet last night while reading BCNA website, I have now downloaded it.  I love it, and found it inspirational. Thanks for bringing such a wonderful book out, I hope it helps us all going thru chemo which I am right now, I would like to keep my weight down not up, as the older you are the harder it gets to lose unwanted kilos. Great job thanks for producing this exercise book.

Debbie.

• Eirelass
    Eirelass Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    Options

I'll have to get a copy of this.  I've learnt a lot about exercising through treatment, but can always learn more.

Pam

• annieb
    annieb Member Posts: 9
    edited March 2015
    Options

i just finished the CITY to Sea ,I only walked the course, but managed 14kms, so I was pretty pleased with myself............... I raised money for BCNA.

I am trying to get motivated to get healthier, and fitter, so this was a start, and I'm entering Sussan Fun Run too!

• Annie Gayed
    Annie Gayed Member Posts: 204
    edited March 2015
    Options

Annie - wow, 14 km?! That's a huge achivement! And we appreciate the funds you raised for us along the way - thank you :)

I sometimes hear people say that once they complete one fun run, they're hooked, and this is sounding like you. All the best for the Sussan fun run!

• Steph Fletcher
    Steph Fletcher Member Posts: 109
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hello everyone,

I came across this conversation and thought you all might like to have a look at the Get active and keep well group. This new group is a space for you to share your experiences, ask questions, share tips, tricks and support each other.  

Click here to have a look around! If you feel like it, introduce yourself to the wonderful women already involved, this health and wellbeing group has some great conversations happening :-)

I am a group facilitator, so if you have any questions please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Have a wonderful Friday ladies :-) Steph

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Steph

You mentioned in a post that you would like some of the names of books and facebook pages so here we go....

Books are I quit Sugar by Sarah Wilson  and The Fat Revolution by Christine Cronau.

Facebook pages are The Blender Girl; Raw Guru; I Quit Sugar; Simple Green Smoothies, Alexx Stuart - Real Food; Christine Cronau; Naughy Naturopath Mum and Essence Practitioner; Wellness Mama; Wholefood Simply.

Thank you for your suggestion of The Whole Pantry.  I will be looking in to that one.

Luv always, Mich xo

• Steph Fletcher
    edited March 2015
    Options

These are fantastic, thank you! Hope you had a wonderful weekend X Steph

• Steph Fletcher
    edited March 2015
    Options

These are fantastic, thank you! Hope you had a wonderful weekend X Steph