First beetroot

Options
Leonie Moore
Leonie Moore Member Posts: 1,470
edited October 2012 in Health and wellbeing

Just wanted to share my first ever "grown by moi" beetroot.  I put it plus the tops into my fruit juice mix this morning.  Yum yum.   I will have to get into all the veggies as they mature as I see that there are some other "creatures" finding my good stuff. XLeonie

Comments

• helen anne
    helen anne Member Posts: 265
    edited March 2015
    Options

So totally jealous - I just LOVE fresh beetroot...do you roast it?  I got some fresh beetroot and sliced it thickly and roasted it along with the usual roasted vegs in olive oil (sprinkled some rock salt over it all)....OMG! 

Totally Delish!

• Leonie Moore
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Helen,  When I do baked beetroot, I just cut the stalks down to about 20cm then throw the whole lot into the oven.  Just need to peel off skin when done.  I love it. XLeonie

• Leonie Moore
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Helen,  When I do baked beetroot, I just cut the stalks down to about 20cm then throw the whole lot into the oven.  Just need to peel off skin when done.  I love it. XLeonie

• Leonie Moore
    edited March 2015
    Options

• Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
    edited March 2015
    Options

They look great Leonie! However, I love my canned Beetroot :-)

• MandaMoo
    MandaMoo Member Posts: 500
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Yummo! Awesome job Leonie.
  • MandaMoo
    MandaMoo Member Posts: 500
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Yummo! Awesome job Leonie.
  • TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

You sure have a green thumb or should I say red thumb.I read where beetroot is supposed to lower your blood pressure.I'll give it a try.I sure hope you washed that beetroot before your photo!

luv Tonya xx

• Leonie Moore
    edited March 2015
    Options

Must pick some more tomorrow - maybe not - I will then have more bragging rights when I have all of my 50 plus friends over for our Girls Afternoon Tea for a  BCNA fundraiser on Sunday. XLeonie

• Leonie Moore
    edited March 2015
    Options

Must pick some more tomorrow - maybe not - I will then have more bragging rights when I have all of my 50 plus friends over for our Girls Afternoon Tea for a  BCNA fundraiser on Sunday. XLeonie

• Daina_BCNA
    edited March 2015
    Options

How did your Morning Tea go?

You will have to make a seperate blog post and share your special photo :-)

• Leonie Moore
    edited March 2015
    Options

Soooo tired - had a really big week which ended in the Garden Party.  It was fantastic and we raised lots of $$$$$ for BCNA.  I know that everyone is already lining up for next year.  Lovely setting at our home and lovely things to eat and drink - thanks to my sister's wonderful help and also some of my lovely friends.  Can't wait to add up the $$ but have a Support Group meeting tomorrow and I need to catch up the housekeeping (ironing especially) before I take my hubby away for our 5th wedding anniversary surprise this weekend and then of course NEXT WEEK in Sydney!!!!!.  Will post pics etc in the next couple of days. XLeonie

• helen anne
    helen anne Member Posts: 265
    edited March 2015
    Options

I knew your afternoon tea would be awesome!  Congratulations!

I plan on doing one next year .... since we spoke last I've had 2 radio interviews, 2 interviews with the press and 4 photo shoots.....all within the last week as well as speaking at the BCNA/Bakers Delight mini fields.

And although I'm not raising so much money this year, I'm certainly raising awareness of BCNA and all the great work they do!

On the 24th I'm holding a Pink morning tea at work and it looks like I'll have about 50 or 60 coming so I'll be madly baking away next week (which I love to do!)......

I'm so happy for you regarding your anniversary - I hope you and hubby have a truly wonderful and magical time in Sydney!  And I hope the weather is perfect for you.....last time I was there (only a few months before I was diagnosed I struggled up the bridge..but it was worth it!).

cheers and luv

Helen

• Daina_BCNA
    edited March 2015
    Options

That is great to hear Leonie! Enjoy your anniversary and I will see you next week ;-)))