Cake time

Options
helen anne
helen anne Member Posts: 265
edited October 2012 in Day to day

This is a recent cake I did (not one of my best I can tell you) for my youngest cousin's 18th birthday.

It was marbled white and dairy chocolate mud cake, covered with fondant, surrounded by Kool Mints.  The hearts were all sparkled and made of icing.  My cuz was wrapt.

Comments

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015
    Options

Oh, wow!  I would be pretty pleased to have a birthday cake like that, too!

I love cake decorating -- it's like sculpture you can eat. Wins all around! :D

Di

• Di_BCNA
    edited March 2015
    Options

Oh, wow!  I would be pretty pleased to have a birthday cake like that, too!

I love cake decorating -- it's like sculpture you can eat. Wins all around! :D

Di

• helen anne
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Joy for your lovely comments.  I absolutely love to cook, especially baking and decorating cakes.  I've entered shows too and won prizes for the cakes as well as my ceramic works.  I just luv being creative.

I'll see if I can take a photo of my lamp that I made in ceramics (and handmade the lamp shade as well) - it won the Grand Prize of a Show a few years ago - I was thrilled!

• helen anne
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Di

Just wondering if you do alot of cake decorating?  I haven't for the last 12 months for obvious reasons but the one I posted was the first one I had done since I had been ill.

Although it's not as good as I normally would do, it wasn't too bad considering I was on chemo and I was neutropenic when I did it!  LOL!

You'll have to tell me about your cake dec experience.

cheers for now

Luv H

• Di_BCNA
    edited March 2015
    Options

I've hardly done any so far, Helen, but I love sculpture and playing with clay so I figure it can't be much different, right?  :)

• Joy2471
    Joy2471 Member Posts: 18
    edited March 2015
    Options

I think I will have coffee at Helens' lol.

• Di_BCNA
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hahaha!  Too true, Joy -- at least you know Helen's cake will be edible. :)