October is nearly upon us!

Options
helen anne
helen anne Member Posts: 265
edited October 2016 in Community news and events

Hi everyone

I thought I would share with you the latest activity that I've heard about that the graduates and members of Room 912 are doing for Breast cancer awareness month.

It would be great if you could also add your activities as well in another post.

Firstly congratulations to Tonya who featured in Melbourne's Herald Sun liftout - Body and Soul regarding Breast Cancer. Well done.

Secondly good luck to Tracey Ryan who is addressing medical students at Melbourne Uni on Wednesday 3rd October. I've had the priviledge of reading her presentation and it's excellent. You'll blow them away Tracey!

Well done to Pat who visited her local Sussan store to check out the merchandise situation for BCNA Promotion - good thinking!!

I also wanted to wish Merylee good luck and lots of luv from us all for her latest surgery which is tomorrow.  We are all there with you darling and I know my guardian angel will take care of you.

Finally just to let you know I've been asked to address the annual Bakers Delight/BCNA Mini Fields on Oct 12 at the Camberwell Rivoli.

My cookbook (which I wrote as a fundraiser for the Cancer ward where I was treated) is now going to print - very exciting.

The fundraising event I'm holding for the Ward in November is coming together nicely and will also incorporate some promotion of BCNA.  I've been very lucky in that so many people have come onboard to support this that I even have an event management company donating their services for nothing to ensure the night is so successful!  It can be a hard slog out there trying to obtain donations, paticularly in this economic climate, but I've been extraordinarily fortunate to receive such support.

I hope to address some other functions and groups as soon as possible, as I am driven to spread the message about bc awareness and the BCNA..lets hope I get the opportunity to do more soon.  Public speaking has long been a passion of mine so fingers crossed I can put this into use :)

So in closing, that's about all I've heard so far....I do try to keep track of all things BCNA and you guys - so please feel free to share your activities too.

It's hard to believe and rather ironic too, that next month marks 12 months from my initial diagnosis....what a year it has been!

Take and keep well

Luv H

Tagged:

Comments

• TonyaM
    TonyaM Member Posts: 2,836
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks for that newsy update-you seem to have a finger on the pulse! Helen,you rock! You are putting yourself "out there"and doing alot for the cause and it's not quite a year since your bc diagnosis.I hope you are fitting in some"me"time - take care of yourself darl,you've been through a tough year.

luv Tonya xx

• helen anne
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks Tonya....trying to fit in some 'me' time but BC month and my fundraiser seem to be taking priority at the moment as well as work...hopefully by the end of the year I'll be able to relax somewhat.

I can't believe that on Oct 28 it's a year from my diagnosis....I feel like I've really lost 12 months of my life, but gained so much in return.

Meeting all of you, connecting to networks, writing the cookbook (something I've longed to do) and getting out there and speaking - who would have known!  LOL!

Funny how something really good can come out of something alwful!

Take care my friend

Luv H

• Linda_7
    Linda_7 Member Posts: 34
    edited March 2015
    Options

HI gorgeous Helen, so good to see you are keep the momentum going.  Have to admit mine has slowed down.  I  am kenne-deep in hsc study with exams coming up with our 18yr old!  Have to use the closed-captions on the tvb, when she is study next door!! 

have yet to meet with the local paper yet!  have oncologist appt tomorrow, with a whole list of arimidex side effects!! Worse after 6 yrs!  Will see where that goes?

Am interested if you or anyone wants to share a room for the conference ?

Otherwise I will go ahead and book... Sharing a room for $187 sounds good for darling harbout!!

• Linda_7
    edited March 2015
    Options

HI gorgeous Helen, so good to see you are keep the momentum going.  Have to admit mine has slowed down.  I  am kenne-deep in hsc study with exams coming up with our 18yr old!  Have to use the closed-captions on the tvb, when she is study next door!! 

have yet to meet with the local paper yet!  have oncologist appt tomorrow, with a whole list of arimidex side effects!! Worse after 6 yrs!  Will see where that goes?

Am interested if you or anyone wants to share a room for the conference ?

Otherwise I will go ahead and book... Sharing a room for $187 sounds good for darling harbout!!

• helen anne
    edited March 2015
    Options

Good on ya Carolyn!

That's fantastic news!  Well done!

You'll have to see if you can get a copy of the photo and post it on our Group!

Keep up the good work!

I've been keeping track of Merylee too and was going to post about her but you've beaten me to it....hopefully she'll post something herself soon when she's feeling a bit better.

cheers

Luv H

• Linda_7
    edited March 2015
    Options

wow you have inspired me too!