A momentus occasion!

Options
helen anne
helen anne Member Posts: 265
edited September 2012 in Health and wellbeing

Hi everyone

I just had to blog about something special that happened today!

Quite spontaneously, after work I dropped into my hairdressers and showed my lovely hairdresser my awesome hair growth!

I've been documenting this on my facebook page in an album called "Hairy Tales - the documented journey of Helen's hair growing back!"  LOL!

I mentioned to my hairdresser that I was finding the growth a bit itchy, particularly at the back of my neck and asked (feeling a little bit silly) if there was anything worth cutting yet.

Well lo and behold she said "absolutely and i can do it now"!!

Oh what rapture!  A haircut after all this time.......I was thrilled.

So it only took 5 mins (usually I'd never get out of the hairdressers under a couple of hours) but hey at least I can say I've finally had a hair cut!

I'm now sporting my funky cropped haircut, feeling very cool and pleased with myself.

Hopefully this is just the beginning of getting my life back after cancer :)

I hope you're all doing ok out there - thanks for reading.

cheers & luv
H (aka Helen Anne)

Comments

• adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    edited March 2015
    Options

Well done helen it looks so soft , is it the same color as before? Looks like a twiggy haircut.

• helen anne
    helen anne Member Posts: 265
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks darl!  I suppose it does look like Twiggy doesn't it!

My old colour was red - I was a natural red head .....now I've gone dark!

Weird

Looking forward to coffee tomorrow morning.

luv H

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Helen

I would say my hair is very very similar in length to yours and probably similar colour but with quite a bit of salt thrown in.  I like to call mine salt and pepper colour hee hee.  I had my last chemo session on 20th July.

I am back to Perth in another week for follow up tests so will go see the lady where I got my wig and see if she can trim a bit more on mine.  So I look extra special for Sydney haha

It is a wonderful feeling being able  to get around without any headgear and be able to show off your own real hair. Still get a lot of funny looks though or people tend to ignore me or look the other way but I guess that is part of living in a small community but I don't really know why but I not letting it bother me now cause they just have to take me as I am like it or lump it.   I love having some hair but just wish it would grow a fraction bit faster.  Once again trying to rush things.........but yes I do feel I am getting my life back piece by piece or should I say hair strand by hair strand.

Way to go sister........................or should it be  "just call me twiggy" now.  I would like to have twiggies figure to go with the hair but I got a lot of work to do on that one :-)

Mich xoxo