Pucker Up for Bright Pink Lipstick Day!

Options
Pink Dawn
Pink Dawn Member Posts: 10
edited September 2012 in Community news and events

Hi all,

In my last post I mentioned that I am now helping an organisation called PInk Hope, founded by Krystal Barker. Their focus has been on raising the profile of hereditary breast and ovarian cancer in Australia. I do not have the gene myself but have found it to be a most worthy cause that is promoting awareness and preventaition in young women and genuinely supporting both women and their families that have either been diagnosed as having cancer, or genetically found to be at an exceptionally high risk. One of the ambassadors for Pink Hope is a young girl that has worked for me for over 5 years - hence my interest and support in their cause.

At present, and given the current economic belt-tightening of many companies,  they are stuggling for funding to keep going.

So if anyone has any bright ideas of a corporate or contact that may be able to help it would be appreciated! 

In the meantime, they recently launched an initiative called Bright Pink Lipstick Day.

Pucker Up and support Pink Hope! Wear Bright Pink Lipstick on the 28th of September.

You can find out more about the Day and Pink Hope by visiting..

www.pinkhope.org.au

Hope you enjoy!

Love,
Melissa
X

Comments

• Mich x
    Mich x Member Posts: 1,530
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi

Thanks for that Melissa.  I have just shared the Pink Hope site with my friends on facebook to get it out there for you.

Plus I promise to wear my bright pink lippy and pucker up on 28th September.  Great cause, well done.

Mich xoxo

• Pink Dawn
    Pink Dawn Member Posts: 10
    edited March 2015
    Options

Really appreciate your support Mich! Fabulous news. I'll definitely be doing the same of course! Lip-smacking pink!

Melissa
    x